Book 5: Chapter 9

"What's wrong with your hand?" Hermione asked Harry, alarmed at the sight of red writings on his hand. Though he tried his best to hide it with his sleeve, it was useless with Hermione's observing skills.

"Nothing," he dismisses, showing her his uninjured hand to show her that there was nothing there. Stirring her away from what she had just seen, knowing Hermione, she was going to tell him to either tell Dumbledore, or tell his sister, who by the way was now even more scarier when angry than she did a couple months ago.

"The other hand," Hermione urges, swiftly, yet carefully taking Harry's injured hand, peeling back the sleeve that covered it, revealing the scars from his detention. Hermione gasps at the sight, Ron glared at the hand's injury at how barbaric it looked.

"You must tell Dumbledore," Hermione urges.

"No," Harry swiped his hand back quickly. "Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now," he says as he kept on flipping the pages of the book he had been reading, or at least attempting to. "I also don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction—"

"Tell her then," Ron suggested, careful to not mention the name since they were all in the common room and not somewhere secluded. Harry paled, Finley was going to go berserk for sure.

"Don't tell her!"

"Why? She's your sister, you should tell her, she's your family Harry," Hermione tells him, knowing that her best friend would've wanted to learn the things happening to Harry, especially with that toad woman doing these punishments.

"Bloody hell, Harry. The woman's torturing you," Ron tried to reason. "If the parents knew about this—"

"I haven't got any of those, have I, Ron?" Harry snapped, silencing both Ron and Hermione from ever reasoning with him. Unreasonable as his attitude was coming from, at the moment, his main concern was Umbridge who looked lumpy as she is was stubborn enough to break a boulder in half. He wouldn't want to show her how weak he was when he tells Dumbledore about her detentions. But that wasn't the point, he wasn't the only one who would be getting detention, for Godric's sake, there were first years who always get themselves in trouble.

"Harry, you've got to report this. It's perfectly simple. You're being—" but Hermione was cut off by Harry once again, this time he looked incredibly pissed.

"No, It's not. Hermione, whatever this is, it's not simple," Harry tells her, closing his book as he saw how skeptical she looked at him. There was no more reason for him to tell both his friends to just leave it, "You don't understand," he says before standing up, leaving the two on the couch staring at his retreating figure going up the dorms confused.

Finley but her lip as she leaned on the bookshelf in the unused section of the library, behind the shelf was Hermione pretending to get a few books, but really she was telling Finley everything that happened to Harry during his detention.

"It was really red and he was still bleeding," Hermione spoke as she shamefully tells Finley, shake that she told Finley and not Harry telling his sister himself. "I told him to tell Dumbledore but he didn't want to."

Clenching her fist, Finley knew well than to walk up to the ugly toad and punch her for using a barbaric method of detention. "Have you at least told him to tell me?" She inquires, the silence on the other end was her answer. Typical for a little brother to not tell his older sister anything, muttering a silent goodbye to Hermione, she walked towards the table that she had her things on.

"I'm going to kill her," she muttered punching the table that Astoria was using, startling the little third year.

"Kill who?" Astoria asked, holding her chest with how startled she felt by the sudden thud of the table. Finley gave her an apologetic look, sitting down next to Astoria, taking one book that she knew was going to the other side of the shelf.