Book 2: Chapter 2

The moment that Finley was flooed to Diagon Alley she felt a surge of heaviness on her arms and a familiar frizzy hair.

"Mione!" She giggled returning the hug, it has been too long even with the constant exchange of owls in the summer, nothing beats the real thing.

"I missed you!" Finley cried towards her best friend who was grinning from ear to ear.

"I missed you too! You grew taller!" Hermione said as she felt amazed at Finley's growth spurt in the summer. She was always Finley's height, and now she was at least four inches taller than her.

Finley met Hermione parents, Ms Thorns walked with them as she and Hermione walked towards Flourish and Blotts for their school books. And just in time she saw familiar red heads that she grabbed Hermione's hand and zoomed towards them.

"Harry! Ron!" She called out, the first person who turned towards them was Harry and was instantly engulfed in a hug by Finley. She casted aside all her worries for Harry, she was glad that he was okay, shaken up a little but fine.

"I can't believe you're here! You never returned my owls, how dare you do that to me you four eyed scar head!" She scolded, her Slytherin was showing as said by the Weasleys who knew the girl.

"I'm fine, Ron and the twins rescued me—"

"Yeah, we drove dad's Ford Angalia—"

"YOU WHAT?!" Finley shrieked, numerous eyes fixated on the girl for a moment before looking away due to murderous looks coming from the twins or any boys surrounding them.

"Harry James Potter you bloody idiot—"

"We rescued him—"

"This isn't helping you Ron," Harry warned as he saw the fire in Finley's eyes that she was furious. The last time that she was this furious was during exams last spring and that ended very badly for the poor Hufflepuffs that giggled like a dozen of Cornish pixies.

Before hell broke loose, a hand was placed on the girl's shoulder, of course it was Mirelle Thorns. The french woman smiled at the girl as she calmed her down.

"Darling, why don't we join Mrs Weasley to get your books, yeah?" The woman offered.

She snapped her gaze towards the pale Harry Potter and Ron Weasley and huffed as she hooked her arms around Hermione leading in towards the book store. Arriving in the bookstore it was filled with witches squealing, that at some point she was pushed back from the front door if it wasn't for the twins who were closely behind her.

"What is with all these mayhem," she groaned, finally reaching the steps towards shelves of the books that she needed. It wasn't hard to find Gilderoy Lockhart's books, it had an entire shelf of its own much to her dismay. If it were up to her she would've set the shelf ablaze.

"If it isn't Harry Potter."

She watched as her friend was taken forcefully by the blonde man to his side. He gave Harry almost all of his books, thinking that it was fortunate of him that he didn't want to spend a dime on most of his books.

"And you!" She froze.

"You must be Harry Potter's girlfriend," the man chuckled.

"A pretty girl like you must be all over the Boy who lived," she wanted to hex the man, truly she does and it frustrated her that she couldn't. Getting dragged towards the man she stood there stupidly with cameras flashing towards her and Harry. Annoyed and Irritated were not the right words to describe what she was feeling, she was livid, absolutely livid.

She glanced towards Mirelle Thorns for help but the woman was already under the faker's curse, she refused to think Gilderoy was handsome, he looked annoying.

She struggled to get away from the man and the crowd, and when she did she stumbled crashing to the ground. Almost crashing, if it wasn't for a pair of arms that caught her right on time. Looking up to thank the one who caught her, she retracted the thought. Smirking at her was a blond boy who looked like he mistook muggle glue as hair gel.

"Who knew you were into Four eyed blokes Evans," Draco smirked. She rolled her eyes at him and scoffed.

"Who knew the bookstores offer their books to destructive prats," she retorted as she saw Draco's hand with a ripped page from a book. Draco turned towards Harry who just shoved the books Gilderoy Lockhart had given him into the youngest Weasley's cauldron.

"Never miss the opportunity to be famous now do you Potter?" Draco scoffed.

Finley rolled her eyes at the boy who clearly didn't mature over the summer. Behind Draco was a man with similar blond hair as the prat but longer, he carried a cane and wore expensive robes. She didn't care what the man was saying towards Harry and whoever he seemed to talk to, she was annoyed with Draco Malfoy's smirk.

"And you must be Finley Evans, I have heard things from you," the man said as he held out his hand towards her to shake. In courtesy she shook it for it looked like this man could end Mirelle's and Snape's careers in a snap and she wasn't up for that.

"Good things I hope Mr Malfoy," she said casually yet her face didn't give a damn about who he was. The man turned towards Mr Weasley who had a scowl on his face.

"My if it isn't Arthur Weasley," Lucius Malfoy half mocked.

"Lucius," Mr Weasley's voice was pure venom as he uttered the man's name. Lucius laughed at Mr Weasley's face and then turning into a smug look.

"Busy time at the Ministry I hear. All those raids, I hope they're paying you over time," he said looking at Mr Weasley from top to bottom and then looking towards Ginny Weasley the youngest of seven, taking a look at a tattered second hand book scoffing in amusement.

"Obviously not. Dear me, what is the use of being a disgrace to the name wizard if they don't pay you enough for it."

"We have very different ideas of the word disgrace to the name wizard, Malfoy."

"Clearly, with the company you keep. I didn't think you could sink any lower—"

Lucius Malfoy was thrown back towards a wall, and all hell broke loose, not being able to comprehend a thing. Finley grabbed Ginny who was closest to the fight muttering assurances and kept her close from her raging father. The twins were cheering as their father pummelled the blond man, Draco was trying to stay calm and stop the fight by causing a fit. Dear sweet Mrs Weasley was cursing up a storm as she tried to stop her husband from killing the blond man.

"Break it up gents, break it up. Ye don' want te cause a ruckus here," Hagrid had interrupted the fighting men.

Mr Weasley still disheveled, he adjusted his coat and with a snap whilst glaring at Lucius Malfoy.

Lucius was sporting his bedraggled hair from the fight, Draco was beyond mad from the result of the fist fight. Lucius Malfoy approached Finley and Ginny as they both heard a small thud in the girl's cauldron. "Here girl, take the book. It's the best you father can ever give you," Lucius Malfoy said before walking out the store.

Draco stood there eyeing the book, "What?" Finley snapped at him. With a swift emotion that played in the blond boy's eyes, it vanished and turned into his usual emotionless ones and stomped out Flourish and Blotts.

Looking towards Ginny who seemed to be embarrassed by the squabble from her father and an undesired person, she held her shoulder and smiled. "Shall we have ice cream? My treat," she offered. The young girl nodded with hesitation.