Book 3: Chapter 22

If there was one place Finley didn't want to go back to, it was the darkest part of her mind. It's where the three unpleasant versions of her self stayed, it was also where her darkest thoughts dwell. But seeing as she was here now, she easily pieced together that something must have happened to her. Was she dead? No. She knew she was too stubborn for death, at least not yet.

"You're back little snake!" One of the versions of her smiled, eyes snake like and red. "You blocked us off for so long, it was getting lonely in here," she pouted.

"Why am I here?" Finley asks, it felt odd to her that she was speaking to herself, but the truth was that, this wasn't the first time she saw them. "What happened?"

"Many things happened while you were unconscious little snake," another one of her said.

"Poor Sirius Black is receiving the dementor's kiss," the other version of her pouted before breaking into a series of giggles. "I would love to see it for myself."

"You're terrible!" Finley snaps, she didn't know if this was actually her talking, or someone else. She didn't want Sirius to receive the dementor's kiss, she didn't want to harm the people she just got back.

"But we're you little snake," the third version of herself smirked, walking towards her slowly, raising her finger that met with Finley's chin raising it ever so slightly. "We're you in the part of your mind you refused to let out," she said.

"We're the Slytherin parts of you," she said.

No. This wasn't her, this wasn't the Slytherin part of her. Even as a conniving Slytherin she refuses to inflict harm to anyone, maybe a handful of times but—

"My favourite days were when we took away all that Pug girl's bones," one version of her laughed.

"The best one was taking all her teeth off."

"You make me sick," Finley glares, the three versions of her smirked. Funny to them that the events that happened to Pansy were figments of her own twisted way of justice.

"But you were the one that did them."

"You made me do it!"

"Alas little snake, but we didn't," the other version of her said.

"We were created because you little snake, held onto so much that you couldn't vent on anything or anyone."

"Being separated from Harry and your Gryffindor friends took a large toll on you dear," one giggled.

"You're beloved Professor told you how much he hated your parents."

"How it all turned out to be a lie, you were really Potter, but where did that leave you?" Finley fell silent, she can't deny that all of them made her feel some type of negativity, she can't deny that those were the times she wanted to hurt someone.

"Little snake," one of them said walking behind her, hands on her shoulder, the coldness of its hands seeping through her clothes. "We are you, as much as you are us. We are the ones you cannot release without hurting anyone else."

"I—"

"No matter how hard you try."

"No matter how long you suppress us."

"We will always be a part of you."

"No!—" she was cut off, giggles rang in her mind. She woke up.

"Finally you're awake!" A familiar voice said, she looked around and saw Hermione slightly battered up and smiling in relief at her. She looked around in panic, the familiar white walls and plan hospital beds, she was in the hospital wing.