Book 2: Chapter 12

This Christmas morning was different from last year because one, there were Slytherins on the table unlike last year, and two, Snape insisted that those three Slytherins join them to a meal in his office.

The four Slytherin students sat in Snape's quarters enjoying a simple meal, with Finley and Snape conversing about her classes and Draco occasionally joining the mix. The two large boys just ate and only replied yes and no when asked by their head of house.

"I heard that Mrs Zabini requested that you join them on the holiday, why did you not join them?" Snape asked as he ate.

"Well I didn't want to leave you alone for the Holidays," she simply said as she took a sip from her pumpkin juice.

"I would have not been alone, the staffs have always accompanied me."

"I wouldn't like to leave three troublesome boys in your care professor, or else you would grow white hair before I even left," she smiled as Draco and the two large boys glared at her in a playful manner.

The meal ended, The Professor shooed the Slytherins away except Finley. Holding a small bag on her hand that held her present, she sat on a chair near a fire place waiting for the professor. And when he did come out she stood up to greet him again.

"Sit down I have something to tell you," Snape had said now holding an old leather book.

"What are we going to discuss Professor?" She asked. She was curious with the leather book, she saw it once and that was when she was nine when she accidentally stumbled in his office in Cokeworth.

"It's about the vault in Gringotts."

"HAPPY CHRISTMAS MIONE!" Finley cheered as she bustled in the Hospital wing ignoring the mediwitch's scolding of her being noisy. She saw her best friend in her furry stature, hiding under a blanket, she only found out about her stay in the hospital wing in Christmas day when she delivered her gifts to the Gryffindors.

"What are you doing here Finley?" Hermione asked voice muffled under the blanket. Her hands were still covered in fur but her face was clear yet the whiskers still remained.

"To visit you of course," she said. She ventured towards Madam Pomfrey giving her a vial.

"It's a hair and fur removal potion, I bet it can remove her fur and whiskers."

"And where did you get this young lady?" The mediwitch asked aghast.

"I had Professor Snape brew it for me," she grinned. The truth was that she made it herself as she swiped some ingredients from Snape's cabinet of ingredients. The mediwitch nodded disappearing towards a medicine cabinet, she turned towards Hermione again.

"I guess you need this blurry thing more than I do," she joked as she gave her best friend the blurry mirror that she received the beginning of term from no one.

With a tight lip smile at the inside joke she thanked Finley and placed it on the side table.

"You have some explaining to do young lady," she glared slumping on a stool next to Hermione. Hermione's head dropped in shame as she watched as her friend looked at her disappointedly.

"We wanted to know who the Slytherin heir is," Hermione said. It was no use in hiding from Finley now, the girl can get any information from anyone if she wanted to, its physically impossible to resist her too.

"You could've just asked me to ask around Mione."

"I know, but you're —"

"A Slytherin?" Finley was disappointed and hurt that even her best friend would look at her different, it was no problem last year, what was the difference now?

"I told Harry that it was safer if you were the one to ask around in the Slytherin common room, then he said we shouldn't."

"And why is that? Doesn't he trust me enough? I did get trapped in that awful room last year for you lot," Finley said trying to see reason and yet there was none really. It was all just hurt that they didn't trust her for something so trivial, she wanted to help Harry too in any possible way that she could.

"Harry didn't know if you believed he was the heir or not too so we didn't think of using you," Hermione saved.

"He would've known if he didn't snap at me," Finley said.

"And he knows that now when he heard you tell Malfoy that he wasn't the heir—" Hermione gasped as she slapped her mouth shut, she said too much. She watched as Finley sat beside her accusingly, eyes narrowed and livid.

"You used the cloak didn't you," she sneered.

"We—"

"Or was it with that blasted book I found you reading the other week?"

Hermione slowly nodded, she was ashamed that things came to this. "I can't believe you hid this from me," hurt was evident in Finley's voice.

"Mione!" Finley snapped her attention towards the Gryffindors who just arrived, her eyes were filled with angry tears.

"Finley? What are you doing here?" Harry paled, he didn't expect to see her at all, at least not until they knew answers about the heir.

Finley stood up from the stool too quickly that the stool fell from the force, she glared at the boys and back to her half cat friend. "Some friends you lot are, it wouldn't actually hurt to trust a snake you know," she said her knuckles white, she shook as she stopped tears from forming in her eyes.

"But Finley we—"before they could say anything else, Finley already stormed out the hospital wing.

Hermione cried on her bed as the boys looked on the ground in shame, it wasn't suppose to be this way. Some Christmas it turned out to be.