Book 1: Chapter 10

Being dragged to the library by a certain Gryffindor girl a week before Christmas break was something Finley didn't plan, if it were up to her she would've sat in her room reading Advanced DADA or potions, or pretend to hear Theo's nonsense on quidditch with Blaise who cared less with what their friend was blabbering about. Yet here she was with Hermione Granger and her two other friends Harry and Ron in the library searching for a man named Nicholas Flamel.

"Maybe we can find him in the Wizards and their greatest magical findings," Hermione muttered as she gave Finley another book on the ever growing stack of books.

"Maybe in the History of magical findings?"

"I am for sure that I already read Flamel's name somewhere."

"Hermione its 7 on a Saturday, I should be sleeping," Finley groaned as she felt another book placed on the arm stacked books. Harry went beside her and took half of it, Ron kept on eating to anyone's wonder where he got food.

"Well I wanted to get some work done before I leave next week for Christmas break," Hermione said as she helped place the books she pulled out on the table and started looking. Since the quidditch match it took a couple of days before she had the chance to speak to Hermione again and eventually befriending Harry and Ron. Though Ron hated Slytherins with burning passion, she was the only exception given that she was also under the care of Mirelle Thorns, it was either she taken offence to it or she hex him for thinking that their potions Professor was a bad guardian, she took the latter. And it took a few more days for her to be civilised with Ron Weasley after giving him boils for offending her.

"I mean if the dog was there to guard the stone, clearly we need to find out what stone Flamel made right?" Hermione said as she skimmed the books.

It may be a hidden talent of Hermione's, she could skim thought five books at once and it freaked Finley out that her friend was able to do it. She took one book and almost cried with the amount words it had, she barely had any breakfast to begin with.

"I wanted to check out another book, but it was being checked out by another year," Hermione grumbled again.

"Harry, check these ones," Finley said pushing three books of the same title in different volumes.

She slapped Ron's arm who wasn't at all helping except irk Finley with the amount of eating he has done when she hasn't had her breakfast yet.

Hell broke loose when her Slytherin friends arrived, they carried cake and two boxed gifts. "Happy super late birthday!" Both boys exclaimed causing the librarian to snap at them.

"Your super late birthday?" The trio asked her. Her birthday was on October 14, two months ago, she spent her birthday in her room and a small dinner with Snape. It wasn't as eventful as anyone would think, she just turned 12 without anyone else noticing.

"When was your birthday?" Harry asked curiously.

"October 14th—"

"Two months ago?!"

"Shhhhh," muttering sorries the four huddled.

"Why didn't I know this," Hermione gasped. It wasn't anyone's fault that no one knew her birthday, she wasn't going around telling everyone that.

"If it makes you feel any better, no one but my head of house knew," she winked as she left the gaping trio to join her friends who were being scolded by the librarian Mrs Pince.

"I'll talk to you three later," she waved at the trio as she finally approached her two dumb and dumber friends who were carrying a cake. The librarian finished her scolding and left the boys for Finley to approach, the false guilty looks turned into mischievous grins as they saw Finley.