Book 3: Chapter 14

Why?

It was a question that has always been left unanswered to Finley since the day started on their Hogsmaede visit. It was the last visit before the Christmas break begins, and Finley certainly wished she hadn't said yes to the Ravenclaw just to have another hour of sleep in her system. She hadn't had the best sleeping schedule since third year started, and the day after Draco found her in the Room of requirement she started sleeping in long lengths without waking up sweating or screaming. It was a fair miracle for her, she almost recovered from her insomnia type patterns, and any more nights of sleepless, she would've jumped out the astronomy tower and induce herself in another coma.

"Don't wear that! It's orange!" Blaise scolded her taking the orange dress from her hands and throwing them on the floor. "Incendio!"

"Blaise!" Finley gasped as she watched the flames incinerate the orange dress into nothing. "Whoever gifted you that monstrosity was an idiot, orange is never your colour," he said with his nose scrunched.

Looking around the mess in her room, Finley was going to need to clean her room and pack extra early in the morning before their leave for Christmas break.

"You told me to buy that dress from that muggle shop!" She scolded still upset at how the orange dress turned to dust.

Blaise shrugged and kneeled back in front of her trunk, tossing out garments that Finley never really took out because the weather was cold and most of those clothes were as thin as parchment. Garment colours ranging from bright red, pink, purple, and black, not much to choose from as her best friend took upon himself to be the one to dress her like a pretty doll like his mother did.

"Wear this," Blaise tossed her a pair of pants and a sweater, and her long trench coat. "Don't want you to freeze, here!" He tossed another garment and this time it was a scarf that she got from her birthday a few months ago.

"I thought your mum forbade you to have me in a pair of pants to Hogsmaede," Finley raised her brow.

"Well mother isn't here now, and I don't want that blond git's hands under anyone's skirts," he sneered at the thought, someone touching Finley inappropriately was a one way ticket to the purgatory.

"Now hurry your ass, we want to walk you to the courtyard and warn the bloke."

"Geez, thanks dad." Finley rolled her eyes playfully at Blaise who smirked at her before handing her a pair of boots that he knew Finley loved so much.

"While you're on your date, Theo and I will be roaming the streets of Hogsmaede—"

"Shut up, you're going to spy on me and Bennet on our date," she playfully sneered, taking the clothes and shoes and running in the bathroom.

"Well, we needed to make sure that he doesn't try anything on you," Blaise reasoned now laying down on Finley's bed. "Plus, we were paid to watch where you're going."

"Who would pay incredibly rich boys?" Finley scoffed getting out the bathroom, now wearing the clothes Blaise threw at her. She was brushing her long hair while struggling to not break the brush with the amount of tangles she had.

"Another incredibly rich person," Blaise smirked then winking at her. "And a generous amount at that."

Finley sat on her vanity chair, trying to fix her hair with a ponytail that she can't seem to neatly tie, her hair band kept breaking and she was closer to just cutting her hair off.

"You look better with your hair down," Blaise comments as he watches Finley in amusement when she was in the brink of insanity with her hair.

"Down as in on my back? Or down as in I cut it all off and go on this date bald?"