Book 1: Chapter 1

The day went on as a simple productive day for a Wizard completing a potion on his work table, Severus Snape concentrating on his work unbothered by a child watching him outside the open door.

The child was fair, dark haired and slim. Petite as most would say, she would be mistaken for a mix breed of a fairy than a witch at how small and delicate she looked. With a beautiful appearance also came with a beautiful name, Sage Finley Evans. And this little witch was amazed at what the older wizard was doing on his work table.

She kept watching Severus as he used his wand in stirring his potion, the child took caution on getting near him knowing fully well that one small disturbance anything could go wrong. A book in hand Severus was reading and stirring as well as adding multiple roots and goat hearts. He concentrated in the potion as much as he could, not that she was even bothering him, she just stared at him while doing his work very carefully. Not aware of herself  getting nearer and nearer to his work table until he spoke out loud.

"A few steps out side now Evans," his monotonous voice said that made me squeak. He was still stirring the cauldron, his eyes not leaving the book. "Now," he repeated.

Slight panic and embarrassment she obeyed him of course, swiftly ran out the room towards her own.

The room itself was not as big as the room before, there was a bed and a small closet. The walls were in the colours of brown and beige and nothing more except the emerald green bed covers and shelves in her room.

She closed the door and slumping herself against it. She knew that within this week that she will not be seeing Severus for the rest of the year, and yet relieved that this is also the year where she gets to go to Hogwarts.

Severus was not her father, he made that crystal clear the moment she called him father when she was merely three years old. Despite the harsh treatment towards her, Finley respected him for he was the only one who took care of her as long as she could remember. Although they hadn't bothered to have tea together as a small bond, he never missed a chance to teach Finely anything she asked. Well not after a few pestering here and there, and maybe hexing her back into my bedroom locking it from the outside until dinner.

Finley made her way towards the book shelves full of potions and dark arts books, all of them she has read and some potions already tried to make. Even without the use of a wand she got to learn spells from merely reading.

Before plopping down on the comfortable carpeted floor, she checked the book if there were any crevices or dog ears to see if she has already re read it. Something she does frequently while Severus does his work.

Knowing how long Severus tried to get the Position of teaching Defence Against Dark Arts, every year he would fail and continue on making potions. And he was brilliant at potions, and she could never understand why he wanted to leave that subject.

"What are you doing Evans?" She looked up to see Severus standing in his black robes.

"I was re reading your school modules," Finley replied placing a book mark between the pages. He motioned for her to follow him down stairs towards the drawing room. For a few seconds and she stood up walking towards him, knowing what he meant. They walked towards the guest area and there laid a few letters on the small table, knowing what they were she took them in her hands and examined them.

"They came in late," She muttered to herself as she examined all three letters. They were acceptance letters from Durmstrang, Beauxbatons Academy, and Hogwarts. Finley haven't had the slightest clue to why Severus insisted that she enter a different school, he said that she wasn't fit for Hogwarts.

She was convinced enough that she was qualified for Hogwarts as much as she was qualified anywhere else.  

"How did you get acceptance letters from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons Academy?" She couldn't help ask as she couldn't help her own curiosity. Snape kept quiet as he observed her fumbling with the letters until she held the letter from Hogwarts.

Finley opened her Hogwarts letter to see its contents, like any other letter that she knew of it was always signed by a professor. And she wasn't as much familiar to this professor as Snape has never informed her of his whereabouts while he was at school.

Miss Sage Finley Evans
Cokeworth, Spinner's End street
Great Britain, England

Dear Miss Evans,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts school for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on the 1st of September, we await your owl by no latter than the 31st of July.

Yours Sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall.

Deputy Headmistress

She heaved out a sigh of relief as she kept re reading the acceptance letter. She was beyond pleased that she was to attend Hogwarts, and was looking forward to this year. She heard someone clear his throat, turning around she saw Snape leaving a bag of galleons.

"You will need to gather your materials," he said still lacking much emotions. She couldn't believe the amount of galleons that he offered her for her books and school equipment, she assumed that it would also be her pocket money in Hogwarts. Not that she needed money at school at all, she was still a tad bit young to even venture off the school grounds.

In the end Finley accepted the bag of galleons as Severus Snape lectured her as what to come the moment she enters Hogwarts. He listed that he is very strict with time during classes, he would not give her special treatment. As if it wasn't obvious, he never treated her more than a guardian trying to see if she were good or bad.

This went on until dinner, Severus informed her that he was to leave the next morning to prepare for classes. And like always, "I trust that you keep out of trouble and not burn this house like always?"

"Yes sir."

After dinner, Finley made her way up to her bedroom and took out the Hogwarts letter and the Requirements letter. Deciding to go out to buy the aqcuired materials in the morning or the day after.

Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry

First year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of gloves (Dragon hide or something similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Easy said as knew where to look for all of these clothes in Diagon Alley and some Of them she already had like the gloves and winter cloak, yet was unsure if the cloak was tattered by now.

She kept on reading the requirements and came on to the books.

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

- The standard book of spells (grade 1)
- A history of magic
- Magical theory
- A beginner's guide to Transfiguration
- A thousand magical herbs and fungi
- Magical Drafts and Potions
- Fantastic Beasts and where to find them
- The dark forces: a guide to self protection

Finley laughed as she thought that she would be lying if she said that she hasn't already read Magical Drafts and Potions, and The Dark Forces. It was her favourite pass time books to read whenever Severus ignores her yearning for knowledge.

The other equipments weren't an issue to buy with the money Severus left her. The only issue was that she still doesn't know where to buy a wand, She hasn't ventured Diagon Alley as much these days so she wouldn't have known.

Checking the paper again, she saw the note allowing them to bring either an owl, toad, or cat. And she was sure to be able to buy a companion, hopeful that finding equipments that she would be able to have some spare change to buy herself a cat.

Folding the letter and placing it back in its rightful envelope, she went to sleep with the excitement that awaits her.