Book 1: Chapter 2

The morning arrived, after primarily cleaning the house before he assigned help arrived, Finley took upon herself to get ready for her venture to Diagon Alley. With no adult to bring her there, She would ask her care taker to accompany me there.

Ms. Mirelle Thorns her caretaker took care of her whenever Severus would leave for Hogwarts, she would often take her on strolls in London and this venture excited her more than Finley did.

"Are you ready now Finny?" Ms. Thorns asked Finley handing handing her a pale green coat for the cool weather outside of Cokeworth.

"Yes I am," She smiled.

Ms. Thorns was the one who taught Finley primary things such as reading and writing and some spells that she learned from her days in school. She didn't graduate in Hogwarts, she graduated from Beauxbatons in France and transferred to England to work for the Ministry in the Muggle-born rights department. She taught Finley how it would be fun to learn magic from professors and the creatures she would meet, and that got Finley to flare up more excitement in her chest.

They arrived in Diagon Alley, and as soon as Finley arrived she whipped out her requirements check list giving it to Ms. Thorns.

"You run along towards the robes shops, I'll gather your books and equipments."

"What about my wand?" she asked, knowing Diagon Alley the books and cauldrons were at the other end of the streets and she might never find her until later. "That would be easy love, you just need to find Ollivanders and we'll meet at Zonkos after."

Easy enough Finley understood what Ms. Thorns said, with a kiss on her hair as they went out their separate ways.

Entering the robe shop, Finley saw a girl with frizzy hair. She was reading one of the required books, and the people behind her must be her parents.

"Good morning dear, are you here for robes?" One woman asked with a bright smile. "Yes I am, three pairs of Black ones please."

"You're going to Hogwarts too?" The girl asked snapping her eyes towards me closing her book.

"Yes I am," The young witch replied.

"My names is Hermione Granger," she said holding out her hand. Finley took it to shake. "Finley Evans."

"How excited are you to finally attend Hogwarts?" She asked the girl Hermione.

"Honestly, extremely excited. I was born with muggle parents you see, and they couldn't be prouder of me entering a school where I fit in," she brightly said. Finley's brows raised to hear that she's a muggle born, so no wonder she has never heard of her last name Granger before.

"So where are you from?" She asked Finley. The young girl thought that she found her first friend, as she has never thought about going outside the house whenever her guardian, Severus was away.

"I'm from Cokeworth."

"That's a bit far from here, I hope I see you at the train to Hogwarts on the 1st," Hermione smiled as she got down her fitting pedestal.

"Hopefully we will, good bye Hermione," Finley waved as she left with her muggle parents, carrying her robes and books.

"Right here you are dear," the woman from before said handing Finley a bag of my robes, hat and the winter robe acquired. "Thank you."

"You're welcome dear," she said walking me out the shop. Before she was completely out the door she faced the woman with an anxious look. She had no clue where she was going to find her wand, and where Ollivander's would be and hopefully this woman knows.