Book 6: Chapter 11

The things that Finley has invested her wealth into had been very shady to outsiders, but for rich Slytherin, she would be a fool to not invest in them. Much like a syndicate, she took her wealth and paid for things she knew would get her into trouble if she was found out. One of those establishments would be the 'Snake bite' in Hogsmead, a pub an old quidditch teammate had built with her patronage.

A safe space for most, exciting space for others, but most importantly it gathered most of the information she needed. That and the 'Snake market' had been working with the owner for easier supply runs in the Snakepit, more often than not, the older years were into crazy businesses lately. And fortunately for Finley and her endeavors, she knew where to get the ingredients she needed for the liquid luck.

"Faery, didn't think you'd be here," Adrian Pucey grinned as he sees a familiar girl from the entrance to his humble establishment, his hair slicked back as he wore a muggle fashioned business suit. "Came to check the business?"

"Not really," Finley shrugs as she sat on the chair near the bar. Observing the much delicate and expensive or ornaments in the room, the interior did not match the exterior which was intended to keep the professors unaware of the operations the older Slytherins and the graduated class had been conspiring in. Satisfied at how her money was of great use to Pucey that she certainly saw how much her money was worth by the chairs alone, the people in the pub were from the graduated classes that she knew and bonded with.

On one side she saw Cora McHughrey who tutored her in Charms when she was having troubles, and near the middle of the room was Marcus Flint her old captain who plaid poker with Higgs who was the former seeker. The other Slytherins were from the 7th years trading for the market and playing blackjack, all while exchanging stories of whatever it was.

"Want anything then?" Pucey offers her as he got behind the counter.

"I can't get drunk remember?" She reminds him as she leaned against the bar.

"Right."

"But I do need a favor," she smiles sweetly, placing down a piece of parchment on the bar, sliding it across towards Pucey. "I need them tomorrow night."

"Potions project?" Pucey asks while scanning the parchment, jaw-dropping upon realizing what the ingredients were for. "You're bloody insane."

"So I have been told," she says before pulling a rum bottle from behind the counter, taking off the glass cap before drinking from the bottle. She knows what the favor entails, she knows what the ingredients were for or else she wouldn't be making the potion in the first place. If anyone of her friends much less her brother, knew what she was going to do they would stop her. She can't possibly have that.

"And you're making this, why?"

"Do I need a specific reason to brew some luck?" She asks.

"You'd be suspended for this."

"It won't hurt anyone if I'm the only one using it," she says as she smiles innocently at her former quidditch teammate now business partner. "So are you up for the task?"

"Am I?" Pucey asks her, brow raised as his face held a bit of doubt but not too long that his lips started to form a mischievous grin. "Is that even a question Faery? Of course, I am."

Sitting in the dorm room alone, the book she bought from the book was kept wide open on her bed while her potions journal lay beside it. Reading and revising the already perfected recipe of Felix Felicis because frankly, she can't rely on not revising what the instructions tell her to do. If she was going to start breaking rules this was the one ticket for her suspension, or worse— expulsion.