Book 6: Chapter 10

"I thought you would be here," a voice spoke from behind the shelf startling Finley causing her to drop the book she was scanning through. She turned to face the person and her mood worsened, finding herself face to face with the annoying Collins boy from the Book Keep in Diagon Alley. Genuinely thinking that the boy would finally leave her alone once they arrived in Hogwarts, turns out that she was wrong and was more irritated with the fact that he was here pestering her.

"I heard about what happened in potions, you must be really pissed," he teased as he followed along the direction Finley headed from the other side of the shelf.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Finley scowled as she shoved the book she held in between the space that Nicholas used to see her. "And I hardly find the reason for it to be your business."

"It's entertaining first of all," the boy says as he jogged ahead to meet Finley at the end of the shelf, "and second, I heard that you looked like you wanted to snap Potter's neck when he got the liquid luck."

"Did I ask?" Finley snaps as she walks on ahead, not liking the feeling of validation from the person she did not find amusing.

"The attitude must be a family thing."

"Read my lips buddy," she snapped facing the boy Nicholas, "Leave me the fuck alone!" She seethed before pushing the boy away, even more annoyed than she had been when entering the library.

"I don't particularly want to blame you, having liquid luck might actually be the answer to your problems if you know what I mean," Nicholas whistled following behind her still. "One vial for a day's worth of luck?"

"And he still speaks," Finley grumbled taking in every little bit of patience Finley had to not break someone's nose. The patience was depleting fast, and the part that this boy had done nothing but to egg on event of Harry besting her in potions was starting to tap onto her in the most aggravating way possible.

"You know, I can help you," Nicholas started as they neared the entrance to the restricted section. "I specifically remember you buying a book about Felix Felicis in Diagon Alley, it's only a matter of when you start brewing it."

"Hypothtically, I do have the ingredients and the cauldron, but what makes you think I would brew it," she glared at him, turning to see how he had successfully got a reaction out of her.

"Because you will," he tells her handing her a piece of paper before leaving, every step he took was taunting her to curse him just once— for therapeutic reasons.

Looking down at the piece of paper she was given, not even wanting to go check what it was yet her curiosity was going to kill her if she left it as is. Opening the folded paper, jaw clenching as she sees the messily written word on it, she was for sure not going to look forward for this year's hogsmeade visit.

"I don't particularly like the idea of us being on this carriage, the air is a bit heavy," Luna says as she turns to everyone on the carriage including Finley who joined her brother and the Gryffindors. Much to her misfortune Blaise caught a cold, Theo was no where to be found, and lately Draco had been avoiding her like she was some type of disease. Her saving grace would've been Astoria, if not for the fact that she ran off with a boy who asked her to Hogsmead for a date.

"You both have nargles around your head did you know that?" The soft spoken Ravenclaw says as she looks at Finley who stopped herself from rolling her eyes, avoiding her habit of being rude.

"You said so when you found me petrified on the train with a broken nose, thanks again by the way," Harry tells Luna, obvious that he had mentioned that event specifically for Finley to react to. Wanting to know if she knew anything about her boyfriend being a death eater or not, the one thing missing from Harry's efforts was a large banner to parade it around the school.