Book 2: Chapter 3

When it was time to go back to Hogwarts, Finley made sure to give Ginny her old robes. Not that she needed them, the robes were now short on her for she did grow taller over the summer. Mrs Weasley refused to take the robes for free which lead them to a compromise that the Weasley Matriarch would bake her famous delights once every month for her. Though the woman was skeptical, she agreed.

"I won't be seeing you again this holiday, so you need to behave with Severus," Mirelle said as she helped the girl bring her trunks in a compartment. She was half an hour early on the train and it was a delight since she was able to say proper goodbyes with Ms Thorns unlike last year.

"I will Ms Thorns," she said genuinely. For she learned her lesson from last year with the philosopher's stone, the woman hasn't stopped nagging her until the end of the first month of summer.

"And do tell Severus to Owl me as soon as you arrive, I need to speak with him," Mirelle said with a serious tone.

Finley of course had a guess, it was about the vault in Gringotts. With her last goodbyes, the train left. In the empty compartment she played with her cat who grew larger than last year. She waited for someone to join her like Neville, Hermione, Harry, Ron, or Blaise and Theo but non of them turned up. She missed her friends, Hermione was somewhere in the train probably with Neville or whoever.

She heard a knock, she saw Hermione with a worried look etched on her face, she opened the compartment door. The girl rushed in and locked the door again, "Have you seen Harry or Ron?"

"What? I thought that they were with you—"

"I haven't seen them," Hermione said as she was growing worried every second passed. Agreeing that they look for the boys, Finley placed Cassian back in his cage and grabbed her wand as she walked out the compartment with Hermione.

"I'll check the carriages up there, you check the opposite side," she told Hermione as they went separate ways. Walking around the train was hard considering that there were various students present that she didn't want to associate with since the article with her and Harry as a match was published on the prophet.

She avoided almost everyone while looking for Harry and Ron, but more importantly looking for Blaise and Theo who out right did not look for her. And when she did find them they were having a heated argument with Draco Malfoy who was all smug once again.

Getting near the Slytherin boys she heard distinctive whispers of "Stay away from her" and "I will jinx your ass." Explicit languages indeed as she tapped on Blaise's shoulder.

"Hullo!"

The boy turned around and smiled happily as if the heated conversation never happened, Malfoy just walked away without saying a word to her even if it was a little insult.

"We've been looking all over for you," Theo said giving Finley's head a ruffle causing the girl to push him away. Blaise inspected the girl from her black beret to the her black boots, he was grinning.

"Someone is stylish," he teased, the girl scoffed towards him. Her excuse was that Mirelle forced her to wear a red plaid pencil skirt and heeled boots and a beret, but to be honest she just felt like mocking the girls who will be out for her.

"Oh shush you, have any of you seen the four eyed Gryffindor friend of mine?" She asked crossing her arms in front of her chest. Both Slytherin boys shrugged, they didn't know where Harry Potter was, nor do they care. They lead her back to her compartment where Cassian was pacing inside his cage asking to be let out and she did.

"Merlin your cat is a beast!" Theo awed as he saw the kitten that was now a size of a cat.

"Oh please my cat isn't a transfigured mirror, you're clearly the beast here," she said sarcastically. Theo was going to say something witty and yet he saw a flash of blue in the distance, his jaw fell as he unconsciously pointed towards the window where the blue flash was.