8. New Daughter Danny

Pairing: Freya/Joey (F/m) hand, mild

"Discipline is like swiss army knife. It's a must-have to success"
― Janna Cachola

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Mikaelson Mansion

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Morning

Safe Rooms

Elijah bagged up Ruth's blood and put it in the big refrigerator in the safe space. It was the most delicious blood he had ever had, the woman had clearly not smoked or did drugs. However, her blood had a tinge of gin. She must have been an alcoholic, to the point where the blood got him a big tipsy.

Kol came in, "Nik was wondering where the hell you were. Holy shite, you killed her?"

Elijah shrugged, "She was evil, Kol. I compelled her again to tell me the truth. This Ruth was considering murdering the child after the grandmother died. And not just for money, but for revenge. She blamed a baby for the death of her husband. She was a sick person and I felt no regret."

"Bloody hell, Elijah! You drained her?" Kol prompted picking up a blood bag that was waiting on the table.

"Indeed. Go on and try it. I think you will appreciate the gin aftertaste," Elijah grinned.

Kol took out the tube and drank the blood. "It's fantastic. Did she suck down a bottle of Tanqueray before she came to pick up Danny?"

"Perhaps. And you know how I feel about drunk drivers. I got as much information out of her as I could about her finances and the little girl. It appears she has abused her since the father died at 3. This girl is going to need lots of love and attention," Elijah went on.

Kol frowned, "Well, to be honest, Elijah, Nik and Cami have their hands full right now. And Freya and Keelin are up to their arses in kids. Kai himself is a full-time job as are Dana and Rachael. They should give Jo a crown for stepping up so much, and me? I'm in no place to take care of a little girl. She's a beauty, but little ones need a mum and a dad."

Elijah conceded, "I'll speak to Vanessa. That woman has a heart as big as a sea. I know we were hard on you when you turned her, Brother. But you did me the greatest favor ever, and I'll never forget that." Elijah reached out to embrace Kol. He didn't do that often and Kol was surprised.

"My pleasure. I know Vanessa mentioned she had that heard condition...Glad you two are so happy," Kol smiled. He grabbed another blood bag and sucked it down.

"What about you? Any luck with the ladies down there? Any witches of note?" Elijah said as he pushed Ruth's body into the recently installed incinerator.

Kol shrugged, "No. Davina was with that Kaleb bloke, on and off. I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but I'd rather just wait for her than get in over my head again. It's like the two of us are in suspended animation, just waiting for the day when we can be together."

"It will happen for you. I know that. Now, limit yourself on that blood or you shall be drunk. Then, I'll have to thrash you for being a bad example to the children. It's not even 7am yet," Elijah quipped.

"Save your arm for the other blokes. Nik is saying he is back on his sons' behavior, but with Cami ill, I'm not too sure," Kol reasoned.

"You are back, little brother. You can step in. Actually, can you walk Sadie today? I'm going to check on Danielle and then get started with breakfast. Unless you want to do the cooking?" Elijah asked drying. Kol had no interest in cooking, he said he'd take the dog out.