67. Thirsy?

Pairing: Kol/Aaron (M/m) hand, paddle

Dedicated to kikimerio. Thanks for sticking with the story!

Maxwell Home-Friends of Finn and Henrik

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Thursday, May 25, 2011

Elijah was dreading this. Vanessa had arranged a play date for the boys to head over to the Maxwells' house in the morning. She had dropped them off earlier and Elijah was tasked with picking them up around lunchtime. Elijah hated how their father, Martin Maxwell, always strong-armed him into coming in for a drink. Although the ancient vampire had fought many battles and had many strengths, politely declining social offers was not one of them. Plus, the man only served gin and Dubbonet. Elijah tolerated gin, but like his siblings Rebekah and Niklaus, preferred red wine or bourbon.

Elijah pulled his Lincoln MKZ through the gate and sighed, "Dammit."

The elder Maxwell was waiting for him. Elijah rolled down his window and parked in front of the huge Tudor style house with a circular driveway.

"Elijah," Martin rasped. "About time. The boys are playing in the back. We're between nannies right now. The housekeeper has been looking after them."

"Oh no, I though the boys were attached to their au pair," Elijah replied, as he got out of the car.

The men shook hands and Martin leaned in.

"The missus thought I was too attached to the nanny's ass. She fired her and sent her packing," Martin guffawed. "Then, Gigi went to stay with her sister for a week leaving me with our boys. With no nanny! Can you believe that?"

Elijah just raised his eye brows and tried not to scowl.

"You said the boys were in the back. Sorry, Martin, Vanessa is holding lunch for them...," Elijah tried.

"Nonsense. I know how much you enjoy your gin. Come, take a load off," Martin pressed. He took Elijah's arm and pulled him through the giant front doors. There was a uniformed maid to take his coat.

Martin began to steer Elijah into his study when a frantic woman ran in shrieking in Portuguese.

Martin barked, "Speak English, Vera!"

The woman moved her hands and continued explaining in her native tongue.
Elijah started to move to the back of the house.

Martin said, "Damn, she only speaks Spanish when she's upset. But when she wants a raise, her English gets better."

Elijah turned slightly and snapped, "She's speaking Portuguese. She said that the boys took off and she doesn't know where they are. There are burn marks on the grass and a small fire."

Elijah said something to the housekeeper in Portuguese and she began to follow them silently.

Martin looked surprised. Elijah explained, "I lived in Portugal for a few years."

"But she's Mexican?" Martin retorted hotly.

"She's from Brazil, actually," Elijah corrected.

When they finally got to the backyard, Elijah quickly ascertained what may have happened.

"Martin, you two will stay here. You will not recall what happens next. Do you understand?" Elijah compelled.

"Yes, I understand. We will stay here and not recall what happens next," Martin said in a monotone voice.

Elijah looked for security cameras and spotted several with his vampire vision. He would not be able to vamp to the surrounded wooded area, but he could still run at a human pace.