100. Big Event

No pairing.

*The Total Lunar Eclipse was actually on June 16, 2011. I changed it for artistic purposes:)

Mikaelson Compound

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Late Afternoon

Rebekah shrieked as someone pounded on the door.

"Don't let Marcel see me. We don't need anymore bad luck. This is my 47th wedding dress," Rebekah exclaimed. Rebekah wore an off-white fitted dress that had a lacy, full skirt. She had designed it herself.

"Mom, chill. It's just Tommy with you veil," Davina laughed. She was wearing a rose colored gown with gold accents as a bridesmaid.

"Thank you, darling," Rebekah called out to her son.

Freya sniffed and dabbed at her eyes, "You look beautiful, Rebekah."

Cami was rocking Ansel, "She's right, you do."

Georgie waved them off. "Come on, no getting emotional. You are all going to mess up your eye make-up!"

Davina nodded, "She is right!"

"I can't believe this is...maybe...happening," Rebekah laughed.

Freya nodded, "The town is filled with Travelers taking over bodies. I think we are doing this in the nick of time. It helps that tonight is a Total Lunar Eclipse. We can use that for more power, but so can they."

Georgie plopped down on the settee in Rebekah's bedroom.

"Freya, how does like magic work? Where does it come from?" Georgie asked bluntly.

"Actually, that's kind of a tricky question. Witches in New Orleans, where Davina is from use Ancestral magic. They get power from their ancestors after they have been concentrated in the ground there. Some witches also call on their spirit ancestors for power. Other covens use traditional magic, which draws on the power of nature. And sadly, some forms of magic, like expression use sacrifices to gain power. They can be animal or human," Freya said carefully.

"Huh, interesting. What kind do you do?" Georgie pressed.

Freya bit her lip. "I do the type of magic my aunt taught me. It's a combination of the other kinds. I am not quite sure where it comes from. Some other witches might refer to it as old or dark magic. But I supplement it with herbs and other magical items."

"Oh, well, don't hex me for asking. Just curious. Guess you don't have to do a fertility spell on Rebekah here," Georgie added.
Rebekah laughed. "No, please don't. Five children is enough. Right, Davina? I'm sure most brides don't have to schedule their ceremony around nap time..."

Davina was starting out the window. "What? Oh yeah, five is good. Um, I'm going to go check on the arch. I think Tommy messed that up."

Rebekah raised an eyebrow. "Is she acting weird to you guys?"
Freya nodded, "Yeah, she's a teenager. Try having eight kids..."

Kol banged on the door. "Are you lot almost ready? It's time."

Rebekah clutched her stomach. "I'm not ready. I'm going to throw up."

Freya hugged her gently as to not mess up anything. "You are ready. Let's do this."

Elijah and Klaus were going to walk Rebekah down the aisle. Tommy was Marcel's best man and Kol was performing the ceremony.

The older boys were "de" Traveling the staff and guests. The other girls were on security duty. The witches had erected several traps if any of the Travelers dared to try to attack.