31. What the Hell?

No pairing

Thanks to Jazmine F. for guest house contribution and FFENKRH M/kikimerio for suggestions in the Aaron storyline. (To be continued in next chapter.)

Saturday, May 13, 2011

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Guest House

Aaron had never seen the guest house up close. Conner had been out with the dog and ended up coming with Aaron and Kol. He easily grabbed Aaron's bag with ease. Grinning, he reminded Aaron that he was both a werewolf and a vampire.

"Oh," Aaron gulped, trying not to look nervous. He tried to count off the humans in the house. Penny? No, she was a wolf. Cami? Someone said she was half-angel, he didn't know if they were joking or not. Matt? Human. Jeremy? Human. He had assumed the kids were "normal", but Kol had told him that almost all the kids were witches.

"Don't worry, I won't huff and puff and blow down your house," Connor laughed. "Plus, this cottage just got renovated. I helped a little."

Kol smiled proudly, "Aye, Connor is our resident carpenter. He also is learning electrical work."

"Not certified...yet," Connor admitted. "But hopefully soon."

Aaron looked up at the house, "It kinda looks like a cross between a log cabin and a beach side cottage."

"Wait until you see the inside," Connor commented. Kol opened the door and let the two boys in.

Aaron was shocked at how luxurious the place was inside. There was a large stone fireplace, gleaming hard wood floors, and a marble kitchen island. It was an open plan, but much cozier than the main mansion.

Connor helped them bring the bags upstairs. Kol pointed out his room. There was a king-sized waterbed in his bedroom and another fire place. Looking out the tall window, Aaron realized there was a balcony, too. In the bathroom, there was a large clawfoot bathtub. Aaron saw a bath brush hanging and winced remembering Kol's story from earlier.

"Your room is in here," Kol said, putting down his things on a settee in his room. "You can paint your room any color you like."

Aaron was surprised, "Really? Wes always liked neutrals. He said bright colors gave him migraines."

Kol ushered Aaron in and he noticed there were bunk beds.

"Cool," Aaron said. "I always wanted bunk beds. Whoa, this window seat is nice."

Connor grinned, "I should come stay here when the guys are getting on my nerves. We all got a sore ass today because they were screwing around and wouldn't clean up."

"Oh, you all playing tackle football in the room had nothing to do with it?" Kol laughed, slapping Connor on the butt. Slap!

Connor yelped in mock pain and exclaimed, "Uncle Kol, don't. Dad paddled the heck out of us today. The guys are all mad at me because I made those joke paddles as gifts and now they are getting used on us."

"Aye, not so funny when they get used on ya, eh?" Kol said, showing Aaron the walk in closet.

"No, not at all. You best behave around here, Aaron. They don't believe in time out here," Connor joked.

"Oh, we certainly do. You can get a mouth soaping or put in the corner very easily. Or the worst, in my book, writing lines. I'd take a hundred thrashings over those," Kol confessed.

"Lines? Like I don't know what you mean," Aaron said, as he looked out the window. He had a nice view of the woods.

Connor looked at Kol, "Damn, you are spoiled. You never had to write, 'I will not talk out in class' at recess?"