69. Perfect Son

Paring: Marcel/Tommy (M/m) hand, paddle

Gerard-Mikaelson House

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Thursday, May 25, 2011

Morning

Earlier

"What are you doing in my room again?" Tommy demanded. Aaron was behind Tommy as he discovered Davina riffling through his school backpack.

Davina grinned like the cat that swallowed the canary.

"Oh, looking for this!" Davina purred, holding up the office Mystic Hills High School stationary.

Tommy's eyes glowed yellow a moment in anger and then he took a breath, calming himself like his brother Aiden showed him.

"Um, I was going to tell them. Davina, just give it to me," Tommy begged. He shot a nervous glance back at Aaron.

"What is it?" Aaron asked in confusion.

"Oh, let's read it shall we...'Dear Parent or Guardian, your child has failed a required course and is now enrolled in our summer program. Please call or email to confirm that your child will be attending by...," Davina read in a high voice.

Tommy stepped over to where Davina was and tried to snatch the letter by Davina evaded him. He grabbed her arm and she screeched. Aaron didn't know what to do and glanced back out the door. Where were their parents? Then, he heard some distant crying and figured they were tending to the triplets.

"Ouch, Tommy, you just bruised my arm!" Davina shrieked.

Tommy dropped his arms, "Sorry, I didn't mean to. Just don't get me in trouble."

Davina laughed, "I'm fine. But I knew you couldn't be as perfect as you pretend to be!"

Tommy's face registered shock and then hurt. "Davina, is that what you think? I just try not to cause trouble so they don't want to get rid of me."

Aaron sensed the mood changing and said, "I'm going to, ah, go use the hallway bathroom."

Davina's smile died on her face, "What? You're adopted now. Mom and Dad wouldn't get rid of you. Why would you think that?"

Tommy's face grew red. "Um, because I'm not like you. I failed math. Everything is so much harder here."

Davina looked down and handed him the letter. "Sorry, Tommy. I didn't know you felt that way. I just thought you were making me look bad. I'm the one who is always getting yelled out and in trouble...You're the golden child."

"Davina, that's not true. Mom and Dad give you a lot of slack. You are kinda the one that yells around here. But they still both adore you. You're smart, pretty, and powerful. I'm just a wolf. That's it. My parents died fighting my own kind. We were cursed, by dad. I mean, sometimes I feel like a traitor," Tommy admitted.

Davina gulped, "That's not true, Tom. You are brave and kind. Mom and Dad are really proud of you. And not all schools are the same. Jumping around is hard and plus, like you said, you were under the Crescent curse all those years. You missed out on a lot. They won't be mad that you failed a class. Now lying about it...that's going to cost ya."

Tommy nodded. "I think I'm ready to tell them. Would you come with me?"

"Yeah, of course. I'm sorry I was trying to get you in trouble. Mom took my phone yesterday and I was bored," Davina confessed, slightly embarrassed.

"It's okay. I kept meaning to tell them, I just was afraid to," Tommy murmured.

"Aaron, you can come in now!" Davina yelled. Aaron sheepishly walked in from where he had been waiting out the argument in the hallway.