94. Feeling Good Now

Pairing: Ric-Kol/Kai-Silas-Stefan (MM/mmm) switch, strap

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Mikaelson Mansion

June 2, 2011

Older Girls' Room

Evening

Freya and Keelin managed to get all the kids into bed early, but not without some drama. Liv had said the boys were saying she had been picking her nose and was angry. Their youngest set of twins were coming out of their shell more each day, but seemed to be arguing more and more. Keelin wasn't sure if it was their ages or the fact that they were more comfortable in their surroundings. Maybe a combination of both. Freya got the younger kids settled and Keelin headed up to the oldest girls' room.

Dana pressed Keelin for what was going on, when she came up to say a final goodnight.

"What's wrong with Mom? Mama, please, I can sense something is not right," Dana whispered while Rachael was still brushing her teeth.

"Um, I think she wanted to tell you but didn't get a chance. It's not a secret or anything...Her father, you know, Mikael is dead. And your brother took off," Keelin said back quietly.

Dana hissed, "What? Kai? What happened?"
"We don't know. Uncle Kol went to get them at the Salvatore boarding house. I guess something happened with Silas. Just go to bed and try to relax.. It will be fine," Keelin said with a fake smile.

"Yeah, but I'm not going to bed yet. It's like 9," Dana muttered.

Keelin laughed, "Yeah, sorry. You know what I meant."

Keelin called out goodnight to Rachael and went to see if Kai was home yet. He wasn't. Freya said Kol had called and she was heading over to talk now.

Salvatore Boarding House

Ric came down from talking with Bonnie and getting Elena semi-calmed down.

Kol, Silas, Kai, Freya, and Stefan were all sitting in the library talking.

"Hey guys, Stefan did you offer everyone something to drink?" Ric pressed.

"Ah, yeah, they didn't want anything?" Stefan jumped in.

"I don't think Kol would say no to some bourbon," Ric said, pouring himself and Kol a few fingers of the amber liquid.

"Thanks, Ric. How's it going?" Kol smirked.
"You know on second thought, I'll just hold off. I might need a clear head to hear whatever it is, you are all talking about," Ric decided.

"Good thinking," Stefan mumbled. He took a deep breath and looked Ric in the eye.

"Um, last night when I was late, I was at the Grill, but not playing pool," Stefan began. "I was meeting a contact of Lexi's who has done some private investigating for her before. I was looking for our doppelgänger, Silas and mine's."

Ric grunted, "Okay, go on."

"The guy's name is Tom Avery. Kai had been working on a locator spell and found that he is a first responder, living in Atlanta. A damn good one, from newspaper reports and the awards he has won. Anyway, it seems that Tom is now cloaked. Kai, why don't you take over from here," Stefan said.

Kai looked nervously at his mom, saying, "Mom, this what I started to tell you and then Silas texted that he needed me. So I was doing some scrying, trying to find this Tom-."

Freya interrupted, "And that's why you also needed my special herbs, for the scrying. It's all starting to come together."

Kai looked down, and admitted, "Yeah, I saw Tom's surroundings and I think he is being held captive. It looks like he is on a gurney and being fed through tubes...but he is cloaked, I couldn't find a location."
Freya stood up and got Ric's discarded bourbon.