16. The Storm

No Pairing

"How many times has the world ended before? Perhaps we are just toiling among its ashes."
― J. Zachary Pike

Gilbert-Saltzman Residence

Wednesday, May 10, 2011

Earlier

Ric got everyone out of the kitchen while Damon completed his punishment. It was hard to watch Damon wiggling on the hard chair, but Ric waited out the five minutes as he dove back into his research in the Book of Enoch and the cult.

What did they want with them? Ric racked his mind for answers, but came up empty. Finally, Ric decided to free Damon.

He went over to the chair and quietly said, "Are you ready to behave yourself?"

Damon sniffed and looked up at Ric, "Yes, Ric. I'll be good. Can I get up? My mouth tastes like-."

"Damon, watch it or I will put you over my knee with another bar of soap in your mouth!" Ric warned.

"Crap, I was going to crap," Damon clarified. "Are those guys still out there?"

"No, it looks like they cleared out. Pull up your pants, you have some apologies to make. I need to call Klaus back," Ric confided.

Damon winced as he tugged up his snug boxer briefs and jeans. Ric busied himself putting the cutting board in the sink, he thought Jenna said it got wiped down with olive oil. She might swat him for not listening, so he took it out of the sink and put it back on the counter.

Ric looked at Damon, "You mad at me?"

Damon shrugged, "No, I guess not."

Ric reached out and hugged Damon."I think Stef and Elena would like to hear from you."

Damon sighed and went to find his brother and Elena. Elena and Jeremy were talking in the living room. Damon cleared his throat, "Can I talk to you?" He looked at Elena and Jeremy went upstairs.

Elena took one look at Damon's tearstained face and launched herself at him. "Oh Damon, why are you so stubborn?"

Damon smirked, "Does this mean you aren't pissed at me?"

Elena softly smacked his thigh, "Watch the language. I forgive you. I know you only talk that way because you are hurt and well, drunk."

"Stop, you are being too good and making me feel worse. Don't make excuses for me. I was wrong in saying what I did. I'm sorry, Elena," Damon said sincerely. All Elena could do was hug him more.

"Damon, I'm scared. Do you think those figures wanted me? For my blood or something?" Elena asked innocently.

"I don't know. It could be something totally different. Who knows? I better go find my brother," Damon said lightly.

"You already did," Stefan said. He vamped down the stairs and buried his head into Damon's shoulder.