27. Enzo's Business

No Pairing

Saturday, May 13, 2011

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Mikaelson Mansion

Later

Cami yawned as she exited Klaus' and her quarters. She needed a little break from that room. She realized that her life had changed for good now. She would never really ever be free of thoughts of Ansel, it was like he was apart of her now. The world now left her in a sense of terror. How could they protect their son from all the danger? She couldn't think of that now, she had to check on the boys. Klaus said he had been hard on them and she could tell that drained him. He fretted, but she had Klaus nap while Ansel was fed, changed, and also sleeping.

Cami went into the living area of the boys' large quarters and found it strangely empty and silent. They were almost always watching a movie, blasting music, or playing video games. It was also oddly clean. Cami was impressed. She didn't see a single can or discarded chips wrapper anywhere.

Cami went to the bedroom and found the door open. She saw Connor first, on his side, covered with a blanket. She averted her eyes and stepped back, "Boys, you all decent?"

Erik replied tiredly, "We're good, Mom."

"Hey guys, I came up to see how you were. The living area looks good," Cami remarked. She patted Erik who was also on his side and leaned down and patted Tyler's back.

Tyler groaned, "Thanks. Dad really gave it to us. It was pretty good motivation. How's Ansel?"

"Beautiful. Sleeping. I made your dad nap, too. Against his will. Tyler, he talked to you about everything?" Cami prodded gently. She stepped closer and sat on his bed.

"Yeah, I don't know how to feel. I still wish I had Care here. I can hear her saying, 'Seriously?' in that voice of hers...," Tyler drifted off and cleared his throat.

"I'm here if you need me. This angel thing has my mind spinning, too. It's a lot to take in." Cami patted his leg and rubbed it over the blankets. "Well, you guys can get up and do your things. Dad said something about dusting?" It looked fine to Cami.

Connor noticed Cami's confusion, "Vamp eyesight. We can see much clearer all the dust and grime...Not a plus for us when we have extra chores."

Cami nodded, "Oh guys, you only have a couple things to do. That might be changing, so rest while you can."

Erik frowned, "What do we have to do?"

"We will talk about it later, kiddo. You alright?" Cami pressed. Erik teared up a little, as Cami got up from Tyler's bed and leaned over and kissed him.

"I guess," he said in a small voice.

"I know none of you like getting in trouble, but it's over now and we move on, okay?" Cami offered. "But you know we love you all a lot, even when you act like fools. Matt, Jeremy, you holding up."

Both boys nodded glumly. "You guys do look pretty beat. Why don't you all take a nap."

Matt rubbed his seat, "I don't think I can, my butt hurts too bad. Dad paddled the heck out of us."

Cami had never seen the boys like this, "Do I need to get Aunt Keelin up here to check your butts?"

Kai strolled in, seeming hyper. "Whoa, I missed a good show, I supposed. I brought a little present from my moms. Aunt Cami, is it okay if I use it on them. It's a new healing salve that should help. I don't think it will totally heal them, but it might take the edge off."