84. Pizza Night

No pairing

"Nothing in life is a foregone conclusion unless and until it is foregone and concluded"
― Rasheed Ogunlaru

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Mikaelson Mansion

Basement, Level 2

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Late Afternoon

"Honey, maybe we should leave Liz and Caroline alone for a minute? I wanted to talk to you about something," Carol Lockwood whispered.

"Mom, no! I can't leave her alone. You don't understand what's it like, especially at first...She could attack her," Tyler explained in a low, urgent voice. He did notice, though, that Caroline seemed okay and took his mom a few steps away as Caroline called her father on the phone.

"Oh, sorry, of course," Carol smiled. "But I just wanted to see if you were okay, about Mason, I mean. You doing okay, Tyler?"

"Yeah, Mom. I mean I was worried about Uncle Mason until I had to, you know, murder my girlfriend to save a baby," Tyler said sarcastically.

Carol frowned at his tone. She never appreciated when he spoke to her in that tone.

"You didn't 'murder' anyone, Son. Caroline is still in there. Just like you were when you were turned, right?" Carol snapped back.

Tyler looked over at Caroline and realized his mother was right. Somehow, she even looked more beautiful to him, she was still his 'Care.'

"You're right, Mom. Maybe I'm being dramatic. It's just things got crazy here yesterday. I hope you are laying low, too. Somehow those Strix got Uncle Mason on our property," Tyler continued. "And those angels got Caroline to do their dirty work..."

"Yes, but she is going to be okay. And honey, it's your property. That's all in your name. It can only be inherited by a Lockwood or it reverts to the town," Carol revealed. "That's what I told those Kingmaker people when they came around, wanting to buy it."

"What? Kingmaker? You never told me any of this," Tyler said, still keeping a close eye on Caroline.

"Well, I hardly see you anymore. It was just some pushy real estate guy who said he wanted to buy the land. I told him that it wasn't for sale," Carol said with determination.

"Kingmaker...Hmm," Tyler started. Then he heard Caroline shriek, "Seriously?" and vamped to her side.

Liz Forbes backed away, "Whoa, I guess I have to get used to that, too. Vampire speed...and my daughter drinking blood."

Tyler smiled, "Sorry, I just don't want her getting upset. The first, couple of weeks are pretty much a roller coaster of emotions. The highs and lows are pretty rough until you learn to deal with them."

Liz's eyes were wide. "Can't be any worse than this last week. But from you explained yesterday, I'm sure they did something to her. Those angels..."

"She wasn't herself," Tyler said. "And remember, this doesn't have to be permanent. We have the cure, but until we know what the angels and those other groups are up to, Care is stuck as a vampire."

Liz nodded, "Thank you for looking after her, Tyler. I know it's not safe for her to come home yet. I'll just tell people she's at her dad's place."

Caroline disconnected the call with her father and groaned. "There goes the rest of the summer. Daddy said I can't go on vacation with him anymore."