79. Secrets to Reveal

Pairing: Klaus/Connor-Tyler (M/mm) hand, paddle

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Mikaelson Mansion

Older Boys' Room

Evening

Sunday, May 28, 2011

Klaus went to check on Mason and still found him slumbering in his near coma state inside the glass-walled cell. As he was staring through the glass, he heard Elijah enter. Even without looking, he knew his brother's footsteps anywhere.

"I thought you had some miscreants to deal with?" Elijah said, from behind Klaus.

Klaus turned to see Elijah, like himself, was still fully dressed.

"Aye, I do. It's just I wanted to make sure Uncle Mason wasn't turning and breaking out of our little lab here," Klaus admitted.

"No one could break out of that cell, not even you," Elijah clarified. "We designed it that way."

Klaus nodded, "Yes, that is true, Brother. After the daggers were destroyed, it was imperative that there would be a way to hold one of us or all of us if something happened."

Elijah put a hand on Klaus' shoulder. "Go see to your boys. I'll keep watch here. And maybe give Tyler a break? He really was a big help, if he would have listened to me, I would still be holding that blasted door shut. I may have overreacted a bit."

"Thank you for looking out for him. I know you do what you do out of caring. But he's still getting a hiding for feeding off of Matthew. I shudder to think of what would have happened if Jeremy hadn't been there." Klaus pulled out his phone. "I suppose we can just monitor Mason on this...but I had to see that he was down with my own eyes."

Elijah smiled, "The cameras were a nice touch, but like you, I don't always trust these modern technologies. Though Vanessa isn't going to like it if I spend all night down here."

Klaus breathed out the breath he had been holding. "Come on, then. Don't get yourself in hot water with your better half. Monitor him on the mobile phone. I do need to tend to my boys. I told them to meet me in Kol's old room. I feel like some privacy will do us some good."

"We never had any privacy. Well, you did spend a good deal of time in the milking shed when you were about Connor and Tyler's age," Elijah quipped.

Klaus looked upward and retorted, "Well, we didn't have a bloody shower, now did we? Mother really never did know how little time it took to muck out stalls. Thank you for that. You set that up for me nicely."

"By that time I was actually getting quite cozy with Sigrid, from the next village over. I didn't need the privacy of the shed anymore," Elijah recalled. "Well, not as much."

"Really, that buxom lass Sigrid? The blonde? I vaguely recall you 'selling mead' to Sigrid's family. Huh? After all these centuries, my brother still has secrets to reveal. What other little surprises are you full of, Elijah?" Klaus wondered.

"Oh, Niklaus, I think you are the one who we need worry about. I know you always have a few surprises up your sleeve," Elijah laughed. "Or sleeves."

"Wait and find out," Klaus said lightly. He turned the lights down and headed to the elevator.

Kol's Old Bedroom

Night

"This sucks," Tyler said to Connor as he came out of the bathroom. He was toweling off his short, brown hair. He wore his Timberwolves t-shirt and his basketball shorts.