97. Mind Dive and Some Spying

Pairing: Alaric/Jeremy (M/m) hand, black walnut paddle

Warning for some explicit content, voyeurism, and subject matter.

*Request for Bellamagic22. Special thanks to Ludy for plot corrections.

"Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart."
― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Mikaelson Mansion

June 10, 2011

Freya and Keelin's lab

Evening

Keelin found Freya slumped over another ancient grimoire. She wasn't sure if she was sleeping or unconscious.

"Freya! Wake up," Keelin said, shaking her gently.

Freya stirred and turned to her wife.

"Oh my God, what happened?" Freya groaned, shaking her blond tresses.

"I don't know. I was putting the kids to bed and you said you would be up but you never came...," Keelin said, rubbing Freya's narrow shoulder. She wasn't eating and Keelin could tell she was losing weight.

"Something is wrong, Keelin. I tried to reverse the cloaking spell and it was like my mind came up against a wall. That shouldn't have happened. I am not sure what is going on but I need the help of another witch. I'm going to call Vincent," Freya said, getting up and looking for her cell phone.

Keelin found it and handed it to her while Freya tried to make the call. Keelin saw her hands shaking.

"No answer," Freya said, trying again.

"Hey," Keelin said. "Let's get you something to eat. You missed dinner. Babe, listen to me. You need to calm down..."

Freya looked at Keelin and nodded, "Keelin, I don't want to scare you, but I feel like something is messing with my mind. It's like a collective presence is inputing images in my head...I'm afraid those celestials may be behind this. They are trying to draw us into something."

Keelin now saw the raw fear in Freya's eyes. "You're terrified and that terrifies me. What can I do to help?"

"I think...I need to head dive Niklaus. I think this all started when he lifted my mother's curse on his hybrid side. Oh Keelin, he's not going to like this," Freya breathed. "I would have access to his entire mind and all of his memories...But I need to see what really happened. My siblings have so many old enemies, it is almost impossible to know who is behind this without more information."

"We'll get Nik, but first you have to eat something," Keelin determined.

"We don't have time," Freya moaned.

"Or I can put you over my knee first? You choose," Keelin said firmly.

Freya finally grinned, "Fine...I'll eat. But only because you are a bully. A cute one, but a bully none the less."

"Oh, you are getting a spanking alright," Keelin said, coming up behind her and swatting the seat of her overalls. "But if you behave, it might be a fun one."

"I can deal with that. Is there any of that pasta left?" Freya asked.

"Yeah, come on. Want me to carry this heavy ass book?" Keelin said, looking at the old book.

"Yes, please. My mother may have been a psycho, but she was a damn talented witch. Her spells might be the only thing that can save us," Freya said wryly. "I'll eat as I talk to my brothers...They aren't going to be happy."