35. Great American Hero

Pairing: Kol/Georgie (M/F) hand, time out

Stefan/Damon contributions to plot from Joffery.

Sunday, May 14, 2011

Gilbert-Saltzman Residence

Grayson giggled as Jenna blew kisses on his exposed tummy. She picked him up and kissed him and then bounced him in her arms.

"Let's go see Daddy!" Jenna cooed. Grayson made a grunting sound and she swore the little guy understood her.

She noticed Elena's door was open and stopped in. Both Elena and Stefan were getting Damon out of the shower and toweled off. When Elena turned Damon to help him put on his truck p.j. shirt, Jenna noticed his pink bottom glowing in the mirror.

She walked over with the baby, "What happened, Damon? Honey, did you fall on your bottom again?"

Stefan looked at Jenna and opened his mouth, but Damon mumbled out, "Got a spankin'."

Jenna frowned, and asked tightly, "For what?"

Elena put a hand on Stefan to silence him. Damon continued, "For wunning away from bathtime...Sowee."

She was going to kill Ric. He was just a little boy! A scared one at that.

"Oh my, that was not safe of you, but,-" Jenna started. Elena stood and dodged as Grayson's tiny fist tried to grasp her long, dark hair. Once he got a hold of it, she was doomed as he didn't like to let go.

Stefan interrupted, "Damon, that's not why I spanked you. You could have been hurt outside. We called you and you didn't come back."

Jenna frowned, "You spanked him? Stefan, we are the adults here. He's your brother."

Stefan continued helping Damon dress and slip on his p.j. shorts.

"I know. I talked to Ric about it. But Damon's not going to do that again, is he?" Stefan directed the last sentence at his brother as he towel dried his hair.

"No," Damon said, tearfully.

Jenna bit her lip. "Sweetheart, you go on and play in your room. Enzo and Bonnie are in there."

"I'm going to have a word with Ric. Damon was afraid and he panicked. I know you got freaked, but...You know what, we'll discuss this later. You two need to make sure you get your homework done, too. I'll put the boys to bed," Jenna promised.

"My homework is done already." Elena added, "I think Damon is being sent to bed early tonight..."

"Hasn't he already been punished enough?" Jenna snapped, glancing at Stefan.

Stefan backed down, "I guess. Sorry, I guess I am going off of how we got treated in the 1850s. Back then, we got whipped and sent to bed without supper, if we were lucky."

Elena cringed, "And if you weren't lucky?"

Stefan winced, "You don't want to know. Jenna, I know you are upset, but he is my brother and I would never hurt him. I just got scared when he was out there and we couldn't find him. It won't happen again."

Jenna bounced Grayson a little, "No, it won't. We need to figure out why Damon is so frightened of water."

Stefan shrugged, "I mean vampires typically don't love water, but now that he's human, that shouldn't bother him."

Elena laughed, "You love to swim."

Stefan nodded, "I hate it, but I love to see you in your bathing suit."