Day out at the Museum

We all decided to go out to the museum for something different for once instead of being cooped inside the house.

"Who's ready to go to the museum?" I cooed to Blaine as he laid on one of his play mats.

"Me daddy me!" he cheers. Although Blaine can walk a bit more now around the house, he still likes to lay down on his play mats.

"Ok let's get dressed" I say and help him up.

"Daddy me 'alk!" he says excitedly. He has been saying that every time he walks.

"I know" I say and make sure I have a good grip on his hand.

"Daddy's gonna let go, meet me at the stairs" I tell him and let go and he runs off to the stairs a little unsteadily though.

"Yay you do it" I say and pick him up as he hasn't quite conquered getting up the stairs yet.

"Lets go get dressed" I say and lay him on the changing table and change his nappy then getting him into some shorts and a Tee.

"You wanna help daddy sort your changing bag out?" I ask him as I lift him up and onto the floor.

"Eah!" he says.

"Meet me at the stairs" I tell him again and he runs off to the stair gate.

"Daddy looked" he exclaims after I open the gate, so he can slide down on his bum.

"Make sure you hold the railing" I tell him.

"Tay" he says and starts to go down the stairs while on his bum. Me following slowly behind.

"Daddy bag" he says and unsteadily walks over to the bag and tries to pick it up.

"Daddy" he says with a struggling voice.

"No baby, thank you for helping but let daddy get that" I say and pick him and the changing bag up.

"Ok you can pick four off your snack pouches" I tell him and grab the flavours we had.

"Which flavours?" I ask him.

"Nana an' stwaberry" he says fiddling with the cupboards as he was sat on the counter.

"What four banana and strawberry?" I ask him.

"No an' pool and 'ape" he says.

"Apple and grape?" I ask him and he nods.

"Two of each" I tell him.

Once we got everything sorted and Blaine had lunch before we left, we all, meaning, me, Blaine, dad, Carole and Finn, got in the car and headed toward the museum. We got there and unloaded the pushchair.

"Daddy me 'alk" he whines.

"You can hold my hand until we cross the roads ok? there's a lot of cars out here and some don't know what they're doing alright?" I tell him.

"Otay" he says sadly behind his dummy.

"Blaine it's ok, do you want me to hold your other hand then we can swing you?" Finn asks.

"Yeah daddy! please" Blaine begs.

"Ok then" I smile.

"One, two, freeeeee!" Blaine said as he was swung into the air by me and Finn.

"Gen, gen!" he cheers.

"No, we're inside, we need to be careful" I tell him but still hold his hand.

"Nooooo!" he whines and puts his hand on my wrist trying to get free.

"Blaine, you're going to hold my hand because you are starting to whine, if you can show me how to be a good boy, I might let you walk around without someone holding you, now stop it" I tell him off.