First Words

Blaine is just under a year old and has still yet to speak. I've been trying to get him to say 'dada' or at least something family related or to try and say 'toy' as I obviously wanted to keep the words short and easy.

"Da-da" I say slowly.

"Ab brrrr" Blaine babbles out as he was playing with some toys on the floor.

"Ok, maybe later" I say and pick him up and put him in his high chair.

"Want some apple crumble and bananas?" I ask, looking at the baby food jar with a disgusted look.

"Ehhh" Blaine whined.

"Sorry baby" I say and place a bib on him before sitting down in front of him and opening the jar and getting a small spoonful on his baby spoon.

"Open" I say and he obeys.

"Good boy" I praise as he ate it.

"More?" I ask him.

"Ehhh" he agrees.

"Ok" I say and soon he has ate half a jar as he gave up on it and didn't want anymore.

"Da-da" I try again while he is in his high chair and hopefully a little less distracted.

"Brrr" he babbles.

"Ok" I sigh and clean him up then get him out and put him in his bouncer that hangs of the door and he was happily giggling away.

While he was in his bouncer, I tidy up the kitchen and load the dishwasher up. I glance at the doorway to see Blaine half asleep and giving up on bouncing around. I decide to make him a bottle before getting him out.

"Tired?" I ask him as he yawns and lies his head on my shoulder.

"Ehhh"

"Come on then, let's get you into bed" I say and take him up. I take a pill and cradle him on the rocking chair.

"Here sweetheart" I coo and he sucks my nipple.

"Good boy" I praise as he sucks my nipple. Once he was asleep, I lie him in his crib with everything he needs.

"Oh, uh, hi guys" I say slightly surprised that my parents and Finn are home earlier then expected.

"Wh-what are you guys doing home so early?" I ask.

"Well, 1. We live here and 2. Blaine is yet to speak and we want to be here to hear it" Finn says proudly.

"Good luck with that one, you might as well as go back to work and your girlfriends or Puck's house, because all he's doing is babbling and he's words might not even come till tomorrow" I sigh a little disappointedly.

"Well Kurt, you gotta have a little hope" my dad states as he pats my shoulder.

"You're right, I shall wait until he is ready to say it" an hour waited and we waited for Blaine to cry, but instead of crying he called a name, but not just any name, my name, well sort of.

"Daaaaaaa-daaaa" Blaine cried as he slowly called out.

"Did anyone else hear that?" I ask happily.

"Yes Kurt, we did" Carole smiled.

"Daaaa-daaa" Blaine sobbed.

"Better go get him" I say and head upstairs.

"Hey baby" I coo as I get him out and lie him on the changing table.

"Da-da" Blaine babbles.

"Yeah baby, daddy is so proud of you, did you wanna treat later on?" I ask him.

"Ehh" Blaine giggles.

"Come on, let's take you downstairs" I say and take him down.

"Well done baby" Carole cooed immediately.

"Great job kiddo" dad smiles.

"Nice one buddy" Finn smirks.

"I'm gonna take Blaine out and get him a little treat" I say to the others as I put my shoes on after I gave Blaine to my dad.

"Ok" they say and I take Blaine out of dads arms.

"Bye" I call as I head out.

"In we get" I say in a silly voice and Blaine laughs.

"It that funny? is that funny?" I say as I tickle him after I put him in.

"Da-da" he says clearly.

"Yeah baby?" I asked slightly shocked.

"Da-da" he whined and made grabby hands. 'I think I know what he is after' I thought to myself.

"You want your bottle of juice?" I aske him.

"Ehh" he starts to cry.

"Alright, alright here" I soothe as I give him his bottle of juice. I get in and drive to the store. Once we get there, I get Blaine's pushchair out and set it up, I then get Blaine out and put him in it, attaching a baby toy bar across so he can play, before heading into the store.

"Do you want a teddy?" I ask him and he nods.

"What one?" I ask and he points to the monkey teddy.

"You want this one?" I ask again and he nods.

"Ok" I say and get a few things as well before paying then heading back home, just in time for dinner.

"Open Blaine" I say as I got another jar for him to eat.

"Good boy" I praise as he chomps on it. We all ate our dinner and then I gave Blaine a bath before putting him in pyjamas and letting him play for a little while in the living room.

"Da-da" Blaine whined after a little while. 'Tired' I thought.

"Lets get you to bed mister, you gonna wave night?" I say as I pick him up and wave goodnight, before taking him up.

"Here baby" I coo as I gave him my nipple. Once he was finally settled, I give him his dummy and everything else before heading to bed myself.