Blaine's Firsts Steps

Blaine is recently learning how to walk with support, he would hold onto the sofa, coffee table, my legs and anything else he could stand with to help him, so I decided to send my dad out to go and get a walker.

"Look at you big boy" I coo as he stood up with his hands on my legs so I took his hands and held them. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey I'm back" my dad shouted.

"It was a good thing Blaine wasn't asleep wasn't it dad?" I say as I get up to help him with some other stuff he bought.

"Gwandad" Blaine exclaimed as he made his way across the sofa with support.

"Look at you kiddo, before you know it you will be walking without support" my dad says as Blaine whines to be picked up.

"Ok buddy" my dad says as he picked him up.

"You fed up huh?" he says as Blaine laid his head on his shoulder.

"Either that or someone is getting a little tired" I say and walk up to them with a bottle.

"Come here sweetie" I say as I motion for him to come into my arms.

"Good boy" I praise.

"Ni-ni"

"Night kiddo"

"Ill be down in a minute" I tell dad as I head up stairs.

"Here you go" I say as I hand him his bottle, dummy and blankie once I put him in his crib.

"Night baby" I tell him as I close the door but leaving it open a crack.

"Right lets get it set up" I say really excited.

"Kurt, just to let you know this is Blaine's toy, Blaine's" my dad warns.

"I know, I know, but it just looks so fun" I exclaim.

"You're like a little kid sometimes" he eye rolls and chuckles as I join in.

"Anyway, help me with this thing would ya?" he asks trying to put Blaine's walker together.

Once we finally done Blaine's walker, he woke up crying like usual.

"Hey baby, have a good nap?" I coo as I get him out and onto the changing table. He rubbed his eyes with his fists and yawned.

"Still tired?" I ask him as I pick him up.

"Mmm" he hums and lays his head on my shoulder.

"You're such a cute baby, you know that?" I say as I kiss his head and go down stairs.

"Hey buddy, look what your granddad got ya?" My dad says as he shows Blaine his new toy.

"Daddy" he whines then cries.

"Baby what's wrong? why are you crying sweetheart?" I say as I rub away his tears with my hand.

"You still tired?" I ask him.

"Mmm" he hums again still crying.

"Alright, shhh come on calm down" I shush him as I rock him lightly around the kitchen.

"He's asleep kiddo" my dad whispers.

"Thanks" I put Blaine in his monkey swing and put the motion on for him.

"Umm before Blaine plays with any of his toys you might want to take the rubbish out" I say to my dad as there was cardboard and rubbish on the floor that Blaine could easily pick up and put into his mouth.

"Oh yeah sure" he says and takes the rubbish out, going back and forth multiple times. By that time Blaine woke up more alive now.

"You hungry sweetie?" I ask him as I get him out.

"Eah!" he cheers.

"Good" I say and put him in his high chair.

"What about some chocolate buttons?" I suggest looking through the cupboards.

"Eah daddy eah!" he cheers again and claps his hands.

"Ok here you go" I say as break them in half with my hands so it was easier for him to eat and hopefully not choke on.

"You're one messy pup aren't ya?" I coo to him as I wipe down his messy mouth, hands and tray.

Once Blaine had ate he was on his feet and walking with his new walker.

"Look at him go Kurt" my dad nudges me as he was filming Blaine on his phone.

"I know, well they do say they grow up too fast" I sigh. Blaine had a load of go's and was walking against the coffee table and sofa as well as anything he could get his hands on to support him. Awhile later he was standing against the coffee table, when I saw his hand starting to slip and so was his foot, but as soon as I got up, it was too late, his chin collided with the table and he was sobbing his eyes out.

"Blaine, baby calm down sweetie, shhh it's alright, it's alright" I shush him as I held him close with one hand stroking the back of his head and the other supporting his bum.

"Hey hey hey, what happened in here?" my dad demands coming through to hear Blaine's screaming and crying.

"His chin collided with the table" I tell him rocking Blaine side to side on the spot.

"Here let me look at his chin Kurt?" He tells me.

"Baby you going to show grandad your chin?" I say as I sit him down on my lap.

"Look up for me buddy?" he asks Blaine who has calmed down some.

"Yeah that's gonna bruise for a while" he sighs.

"Great"

Dinner went by and we were all sitting around on the sofa watching Blaine play with his toys or we would T.V. when something caught my eye, Blaine was standing against the table trying to let go, it would be for a couple seconds, then it would get longer before he is just standing on his own.

"Kurt look" my dad nudges me and whispers quietly so Blaine wouldn't here. We all had our eyes on Blaine, but his eyes were glued to the T.V. he then looked at me and smiled behind his dummy then he started to make his way over and before I knew it, he let go and started walking to me a bit unsteadily though, but he just took his first steps.

"Oh my god, baby you did it!" I gasped and picked him up kissing him on the cheek. He clapped his hands although he probably didn't know what was going on.

"Great job buddy!" he high fives my dad.

"You did it sweetie" Carole says and kisses us both.

"You have a proud Uncle here" Finn says and hugs us both.

It was soon Blaine's bedtime, so I put him to bed and said goodnight to him before saying goodnight to the rest of the family, going to sleep with a smile on my face and thinking 'I'm a proud daddy' before going to sleep.