Blaine's Muslins

Today Blaine is 2 months old and is getting used to his surroundings and becoming more aware of what's happening. I introduced him today in some Muslins, which is basically what you give your child something for comfort when they need it, so I made sure I had my smell on it to make it seem like I'm close to him, but at the same time I'm not.

I put all off them in my room, laid out on my bed with the door closed to get the scent and one in my pocket, hanging out, so that can get my scent as well.

"Hey baby" I cooed as he woke up from his nap in his bouncy chair.

"AAHHH" he cried.

"Oh baby" I say and get him out, making sure to support his head.

"AAHHH" he cried again but moves his arms and legs a little bit.

"You hungry little guy" I coo to him.

"Hey hey hey, shhh shhh come on baby boy" I say as I struggle, trying to do him a bottle while bouncing him up and down slightly, one handed.

"Here Kurt" Carole says and takes him from me and bounces him up and down while rubbing and patting his back.

"Oh dear" Carole said in a baby voice. I try and be quick on making Blaine a bottle.

"Thank god for that" I sighed as I managed to do his bottle.

"Thanks Carole" I say as I take Blaine from her.

"No problem" I walk into the living room and lay Blaine out over my lap so I could put his bib on that sat on the coffee table and his burp towel over my shoulder, ready to burp him.

"AAHHH" he cries out again.

"Alright alright here hungry boy" I say as I prop his head up in between my elbow and put the bottle in his mouth. I fed Blaine his bottle and burped him.

"You were very hungry weren't you little guy?" I cooed as I pat and rubbed his back to get him to burp.

"Maybe a little to much" I cooed as he was a little bit sick on me. As Blaine is past 6 weeks old, he is now old enough to smile.

"Baby, does daddy get a smile" I coo as I rub his cheek with my finger.

"Does daddy get a smile?" I coo, smirking at him. Blaine then smiled at me and no it wasn't gas, he actually smiled.

"Carole! Carole! quick!" I called.

"Take a photo" I rushed out. Carole took the picture and shoo me.

"Aww you're so cute" I tell him.

"Wanna lay on your mat sweetheart?" I ask him. I got Blaine a play mat for him so he kinda had something to do and I made sure he had scratch mittens on because trust me, he's a scratcher alright.

"There we go" I say and lie him on his mat. Blaine can't exactly roll onto his stomach yet, but he does attempt it.

"Want daddy's help?" I say as I get on the floor and hold him so he can roll over onto his stomach.

"Good boy" I praise and he smiles. Blaine put his arms out in front of him and tried to reach a toy, but he ended up making frustrated noises.

"Alright alright here" I say and pass him the toy. As it was a rattle, Blaine was just shaking it around till he hit himself in the face. He pulled a face then began to cry.

"Ok ok shhh" I soothe as I pick him up.

"Here, here" I say and put the monkey Muslin close to him and he instantly calmed down, well sort of. I go into the kitchen and make him a bottle, before feeding him on the couch.

"Here you go" I say and pop the bottle in his mouth. Once Blaine was asleep, I swap his bottle for his hospital dummy, before trying to move him into his bouncer. I move closer to the bouncer and then move Blaine a bit forward so I could just put him in his chair.

"Shhh shhh" I stop as I soothe him as he stirred. Once he was settled again, I managed to put him in his bouncy chair with the muslin and a one of his blankets. While Blaine was asleep, I cleared away his toys and sorted the kitchen and his bottles. I sat down and knew there was going to be no point because...

"AAHHH" ...Blaine woke up.

"Ok ok" I say as I pick him up from his bouncy chair. I rock him for a little while till he calmed down enough for me to put him down on his mat with loads of soft toys surrounding him.

"Ab baba ba" Blaine babbles.

"Ok then" I chuckle.

"Hey Carole? Do you think Blaine can eat proper baby liquid-y food?" I ask Carole.

"Urrrrr probably" she says.

"Ok, I'll just get myself and Blaine ready and i'll head out" I say to her.

"Alright" I head upstairs with Blaine and change his nappy and clothing into a 'Blaine' onesie and shorts with little ankle socks.

"Ready baby" I coo to him as I pick him up and head downstairs.

"Carole, can you hold him a sec please while I sort his changing bag out?" I ask her.

"Sure, come here little guy" she coos as she takes him.

"Ab bbbbbrrrrr"

"Yeah? wow that's amazing" she gasps pretending Blaine is telling a story and Blaine smiles.

"Aww you're so cute"

"Ok thanks Carole" I say and take Blaine.

"In we go" I say and put him in his car seat carrier. I pick him and the changing bag up, before saying goodbye to Carole and leaving the house.

"Ok mister" I say as I put him in the back, making sure it clicked into the seat. I gave Blaine his hospital dummy to settle with, a couple of soft toys to play with and his muslin.We go to the store and I put Blaine onto the pushchair and head inside. I see what flavours they had and buy some then head home.

2 hours later.

"Ready baby" I say and get a small spoonful of baby food and give some to Blaine. I fed Blaine nearly half the jar and had to scrub off the small messes he would make around his mouth with his baby muslin that can be used to clean babies' faces. Later on, I give Blaine a bath and put him to bed after he had his bottle.

"Here baby" I say as he cried for his muslin. I stayed with Blaine for a little while until he was settled before heading out and saying night to everyone then heading to bed myself.