Tummy Bug

I am absolutely tired, Blaine kept me up most of the night and I don't know why or what's wrong with him, but he did look a little sick last night. This morning I go into Blaine's room to see him sobbing.

"Oh baby what's wrong?" I ask him as I get him out.

"Daddy, tum tum huwrts" he sobs as he clutches his stomach.

"Alright alright, let daddy change you and we will sort you out sweetheart" I soothe as I rub his back. I lie him on the changing table and undo the tabs and I was shocked to say the least.

"Oh my god baby" I gasped.

HE.HAS.DIARRHEA.

"AAHHH" he sobs and my heart just breaks, not because he is crying, but because he also has it up his back and onesie as well as it has leaked through that and onto his pyjamas.

"Ok ok, DAD" I shout.

"YEAH KIDDO" he shouts back down the stairs.

"Can you come here please?" I call out.

"Sure" he says and I hear him running up the stairs.

"What's wrong...oh?" he says a bit to shocked too.

"Does he have...?" he asks.

"Yes, can you please run him a bath while I put an old towel underneath him for now, because there is no point in putting another nappy on him" I say to my dad.

"Sure" he says and goes into Blaine's bathroom.

"Daddy" he sobbed.

"I know baby, we'll get you all cleaned up, don't worry" I soothe.

"What's going on up here?" Carole says as she walks through the door.

"Blaine has a tummy bug, I think" I say to her.

"Oh no what's wrong?" she asks.

"He has diarrhea" I say to her.

"Ok, are you now about to give him a bath?" she asks.

"Yes" I say as my dad came through and quickly put Blaine in to have a quick wash.

"Ok, well when he's done, give him some medicine then perhaps come back up here where it's quiet and have a sippy cup full of juice and a bottle of milk, leave him in just his nappy, lay on the floor and cuddle and give him some soothing tummy rubs with some soothing music to help relax the body" she explains.

"Ok thanks, I shall try that when he gets out, so while he is in the bath, I am going to get the things sorted out" I say and head downstairs with the dirty clothes to go in the wash separately. I get all his things and head back upstairs to Blaine in just his nappy and sobbing in my dads arms.

"See Blaine, didn't I tell you that daddy would be back?" Carole says to Blaine.

"Aww it's ok Blaine, thanks guys" I say and take Blaine from my dad.

"Good luck buddy" my dad says as he walks out.

"See you later honey" Carole says as she leaves too.

"Ok, sweetheart, open up for daddy please" I tell Blaine and he obeys. I feed him his medicine, before lying him on the floor with some soothing music off my phone and giving him his sippy cup and bottle, which he went for the bottle.

"Slow down baby" I reminded him as I rubbed his stomach in soothing circles. Blaine ended up going to sleep and not long after, I did too.

"Kurt? hey buddy? You gonna get up?" I hear some one whisper.

"Huh?" I sit up slightly and look around.

"Be careful, you don't want to disturb Blaine" I hear my dads voice telling me.

"I take it I'm in Blaine's room then" I whisper.

"Yeah, come on buddy, up you get" dad says.

"Well I would if he wasn't cuddled to me" I chuckled lightly.

"Do you want some help?" my dad also chuckles.

"Yes please... oh and before you roll him over has he leaked through?" I ask my dad.

"Urrrrr he's starting to" dad says.

"Urgh, my poor boy can't even get a small break, anyway can you pass me one of his changing mats please?"

"Sure" he lies it on the floor and moves Blaine on to it, while I get up and on my knees so I could sort Blaine out.

"Do you think you could quickly go to the store and buy thicker ones please?"

"Sure, anything else?" he says before he leaves.

"Umm maybe something that can keep his stomach down a little, so maybe he would eat a little bit more" I suggested.

"Yeah ok, i'll see what they have, see ya kiddo"

"Bye" I say as he leaves the room. I try and change Blaine quickly so I didn't disturb him, but that failed, because as soon as I was doing the tabs up, he woke up.

"Alright baby, calm down, here have your dummy" I soothe as I cuddle and whisper to him while rubbing circles on his tummy, which this time he didn't like but just carried on crying.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" I ask with sympathy. I pick him up and try to settle him. Blaine tends to get sick quite a lot as he is a 'baby' and because his mother said that he is always sensitive when he is sick so I had to be careful as he gets sick quite a lot and if it's really bad, it's back to the hospital.

"Tum tum" he sobs.

"I know, I know" I soothe. After awhile of soothing Blaine, he finally calmed down and my dad came back.

"Lets get you changed into some thicker nappies baby" I say and carry him to his room. I change Blaine into a thicker nappy and head downstairs to give him some medicine to settle his stomach. Once he had that, I decided to see if he will eat something.

"What do you want to eat sweetheart?" I ask him as I put him in his high chair.

"No eat daddy" he whines.

"Baby you have to eat something, what about a food pouch?" I ask him as I look through the cupboards.

"Otay daddy" he sighs.

"Good boy" I smile and grab him a pouch. I give it to Blaine and he takes it very slowly. After Blaine had that, he started to leak a little bit through his nappy so I take him out and upstairs.

"I think daddy is going to leave you in just a nappy today baby" I say to him.

"Mmm" he sighs as he lies his head on my shoulder. I walk in to his room and lie him on his table, I change his nappy and head back down again to play with him. The day just dragged on and it was now Blaine's bedtime. He says goodnight to everyone and I take him upstairs.

"I'll put a shirt on you tonight sweetheart so you don't get too cold ok?" I tell him.

"Tay" he sighs sleepily. I change Blaine's nappy and put a towel in his crib just in case, I then kiss him goodnight before giving him everything he needs to sleep with and closing the door behind me and heading to bed myself.