A Sick Baby

Blaine had kept Bas and I up most of the night, which meant all three of us were so tired. I woke up on the sofa. I've never seen anything like it, this is all because he's sick. So it's official, we have a sick baby in the house and poor Bas and I can barely keep our eyes open, but Blaine's asleep right now so we've been trying to go to sleep for the past 15 minutes. We soon fall asleep.

*That Night*

11:34pm is when Blaine woke up crying his heart out.

"Hey buddy, what's wrong? You have a nightmare?" I hear Sebastian coo through the monitor. I hear Sebastian shush him and see him rock him gently.

"Ok buddy, it's ok" he calms him down and soon he fell back asleep. The next time Blaine woke up was at 12:55.

"I'll go" I say to Sebastian as I get up and out of bed to go to his room.

"Can you not sleep well tonight, baby?" I coo as I get him out of his crib and see if he needed a change, which he did.

"Oh dear, is this why you're so fussy?"

"No wonder why" I change his dirty nappy and put him in a fresh one. I cuddle him for a bit before he fell back asleep again. I place him back in his crib and went back off to bed. Blaine woke up a few more times, which raised our suspicions even more.

"Bas, if his temperature gets any higher during the morning, we're gonna have to take him to the doctors" I explain as we were now downstairs, Sebastian making a bottle with medicine in it whilst I tried to settle Blaine down.

"Here, put him in his bouncer and put the vibration mode on" he says. I place Blaine in his bouncer seat and clip him in before turning on the vibration mode to his chair. Sebastian props Blaine's bottle up and we just wait for him to go to sleep. He soon goes to sleep and Bas and I pass out on the sofas.

*Night Over*

"Just check his temperature" I say to Bas as we finally got some sleep in a couple hours later.

"Sure" he gets the thermometer and comes back.

"Sorry bud" Sebastian says as he puts it in Blaine's ear, who whined until it beeped.

"It's not too bad, it's lower than it was before so that's good" he says. 

"Ok, so maybe we're getting somewhere"

"Hopefully"

"Shall we try some breakfast?" Sebastian asks.

"Yeah, we'll try" I keep Blaine on my lap whilst Sebastian puts some oatmeal into a bowl before microwaving it.

"Here we are bud" Sebastian walks towards us whilst blowing on the oatmeal to cool it down a bit.

"Want some?" He coos as he puts a small spoonful near Blaine's mouth but he just whines and tries to turn around.

"Ok, baby" I soothe. Sebastian decides to eat Blaine's breakfast before taking Blaine off me so I could get my breakfast.

"Oh...and he's just been sick" Sebastian says.

"Oh gosh" I say as I quickly grab a cloth and wipe his mouth.

"It's ok baby" we soothe as he started to cry. We soon manage to calm him down and he sits on Sebastian's lap, looking very tired.

"He's tired" I say.

"I know, shall we try the bouncy chair, we don't really want to put him in anything that will upset his belly" Sebastian says.

"Yeah, put him in that for now, obviously don't rock him, but put the vibrations on again" I say. I hear Sebastian shuffle around and place Blaine in, but Blaine just started up crying.