2 Year Check Up - Part 2

It's been about a week since Blaine's check up and it's been a rough one too with his teeth at the same time. This morning Blaine has a dentist appointment, which is something I am not looking forward too especially since he is a bit under the weather still although he has recovered from his injections. I go downstairs to make breakfast and leave Blaine to lie in for a little longer. Dad then soon comes down the stairs.

"Hey, you're not busy this morning are ya?" I ask dad.

"I'm not, why?" He asks as he grabs some breakfast that I made and sat at the table.

"I think I might need help with Blaine at the dentist as he is under the weather" I tell him as I grab myself a plate and sit down as well.

"Errr yeah sure, I'll go shower up and get ready after breakfast"

"Ok" I reply and we both just eat our breakfast. A few minutes pass and I put our plates away before we both head up, dad goes into his room and I quietly sneak into Blaine's room to see if he was asleep, I check in on him and see that he is peacefully sleeping, dummy still hanging out of his mouth slightly. I walk back out and close his door gently before heading into my room, picking out some clothes and going for a quick shower incase Blaine calls, although someone will probably go get him if I couldn't. Once I've cleaned myself up and got dressed, I decide to wake Blaine up.

"Sweetie, time to get up" I coo to him as I rub his stomach gently. Blaine doesn't stir so I try again.

"Blaine, sweetie, time to get up" I coo again and this time he stirs.

"There we go baby, come on let's get up" I say to him as he stretches a little.

"There we go" I soothe.

"Daddy" he mumbles.

"I'm here sweetie, I'm here" I soothe again as I let him finish of his stretching.

"Let's get a bath and then dressed, ok?" I tell him as I start to pick him up.

"Daddy, 'old" he mumbles as he lays his head on my shoulder as I carry him to the changing table. I lie him down and quickly get to work and change his nappy. I pick him back up again and take him to the bathroom.

"I know bubba, I know" I soothe as he started to cry as he didn't want to be put down. I run the taps and add some bubbles. Once the tub was filled, I put Blaine in and give him a quick wash round.

"Shall we get your teeth looked at bubba?" I ask Blaine as I got him once I finished.

"Eah" he whines. Once Blaine was dressed we head downstairs, he wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for 8 hours which was a bit difficult as he kept on complaining he was hungry.

"I know baby, but we have to wait" I soothe him.

"Let's get your jacket it on then" I tell him.

"No" he sobs, he's only like this because he isn't feeling too good. I just sigh.

"What's up?" Dad asks.

"He doesn't want his jacket on" I explain as I pack Blaine's bag one handed, making sure I had enough.

"Come on buddy, you need your jacket on, it's a bit chilly out" dad tries to help out.

"No" he sobs.

"Come on Blaine" I soothe as I rub his back up and down. Dad comes over and finally manages to put his jacket on. We head to the car and try to put Blaine in.

"No daddy" he sobs into my shoulder.

"Come on Blaine" I tell him as I managed to put him in and clip him up.