Meeting the Warblers...Again

Today, a year ago, Blaine was a month old and that's the last time we saw the warblers. So today I decided that we should go back there for a meet up, although they have left, they now work there, but it's a Saturday so they don't have to work.

"Want some lunch Blaine before we go?" I ask him.

"Eah daddy" he says as he rubs his eyes.

"You still tired from your nap baby?"

"Eah" he yawns.

"Ok, well you can eat this and we will get going and then you can go back to sleep in the car, how does that sound?" I ask him as I place him in his chair.

"Tay" he says and eats his lunch, sleepily.

"Daddy duce pwease?"

"Here baby" I say and hand him his drink. While Blaine is eating his lunch, I sort out his changing bag, making sure he had everything and get a clean nappy, and other things that Blaine might want with him in the car, out so I can just give them to him. I already had my lunch when Blaine was asleep.

"Kurt? Kurt! look" Carole whispers and points to Blaine, who was falling asleep while trying to eat his crisps. I take a photo to show dad later.

"I'm gonna change his nappy and ill be off, I might not be back till later on tonight, so sorry about missing out on dinner" I explain to Carole while carefully cleaning Blaine up.

"That's ok sweetie, they'll be plenty more times to have dinner" she chuckles.

"True" I say and get Blaine out and lie him on the floor to change his nappy.

"Daddy" he mumbled as I was replacing a clean nappy on.

"Shhh, go back to sleep baby" I soothe as I rub his stomach lightly. I change his nappy and put his trousers back on, before picking him up and taking him out to the car.

"Got the pushchair, changing bag is now in the front, just mister to put in" I mumbled to myself. I go to Blaine's side and support the back of his head/neck so I could put him in without his head flopping around.

"Mmmm" he stirred.

"Shhh, shhh" I soothe again as I strap him in. I get in myself and head on the road for another 2 hour drive. We finally get there and Blaine was still asleep. 'Must of been really tired from yesterday' I thought while I get Blaine's pushchair out and put the changing bag on it.

I go to Blaine's side and get him out carefully and lie him down in his pushchair, he didn't even stir, so that meant he was in a deep sleep. I walk inside and greet them, this time they were a little quieter.

"He's grown" Wes whispers as he gets a closer look at Blaine.

"I know"

"How long has he been out?"

"Nearly 4 hours, but if we wear him out today, he might go to sleep tonight" I explain.

"Does he always sleep for 4 hours?"

"No, between an hour, hour and a half"

"So why 4 hours?" they ask.

"We were out late, helping his mum pack up and move house, nearer to us"

"Ok"

"I see you already got the toys out" I say as I gesture to some toys on the table and a few on the floor.

"Yeah, we did" Jeff chuckled.

"Daddy?" I hear Blaine wake up.

"Daddy" he sobbed.