Chapter Six

Adira

Pulling into Claire's driveway we all say goodbye. Claire whining about having to stay in tonight for some family game night.

Honestly, to me it sounds kind of fun. I wish I had a bunch of siblings. It seemed sweet, her mom wanted them all to be close. I think it's cool actually.

I don't say that out loud though. Instead I look back at her in the backseat. Listening to her and Cammy chat.

"Doesn't matter. We still get to decide when to hangout with Gavin, Tanner and Jesse. Plus tonight's not going to be fun anyways. Evan's babysitting." Cammy tries to cheer Claire up.

"Yeah, what she said." I try and join in on the conversation.

It's so much easier one on one. I don't feel like I'm butting in. Right now I do.

This morning when Faith was leaving felt awkward. Watching them all hug her goodbye as I stood there unsure. Twiddling my thumbs until Faith hugged me herself.

Claire's eyes turn to me and she offers a small smile, not quite reaching her eyes. "Okay BUT if Gavin flirts with you you've got to go with it. He's fucking hot and I'm only interested in his cock. If you feel a spark you get dibs." She points her finger at me.

"I-i.. I'm not int-terested." I stutter.

"If he asks you on a date say yes. Just one date. THEN decide. He seemed into you. You don't like him after.. I'll fuck him." Claire shrug nonchalantly.

My eyes bulge at her words and I look at Cammy who's just nodding along. She can't be serious.

"Don't decide now. Just go with the flow tonight. Text me the details Cam, or call me when you guys get home. I want to hear every detail." Claire holds her hand up stopping me from talking.

Opening her door she gets out and slams her door shut. Leaning into my passenger window and kissing my cheek. "I'm really glad you said yes. See you Monday!" She hollers, waving as she skips to her front door.

Cammy beams as she looks over at me. All her perfectly straight, white teeth showing as she turns up the music in her car. "Now it's just you and me baby!" She yells over the music.

Giggling I sink into my seat. Letting the music take my mind off everything that happened this morning.

All the questions running through my head. All I know for sure is Evan is a freakin jerk, even by wolf standards.

Unrolling my window I let the fresh air waft in my face. Inhaling the fresh scent of summer. Flowers, grass and trees calm me.

Playing with the fray of the bottom of my shorts, I start to sing along to the song in a whisper.

With Cammy's heavy foot we get to the mall quickly. The three hundred dollars tucked in my pocket I undo my seatbelt. Rolling up my window as Cammy turns off the car.

"I was thinking we could grab some food first. Then we can wander around." She informs me, getting out of the car.

Opening my door I slide out and close it. Making my way to her side she hooks her arm through mine. "Sounds good to me." I smile.