Chapter Eighty

Adira

Noal's arms wrap around me and pull me into his chest. The warmth and peace his touch brings me has Tala at ease. Everything is going to be okay. I can feel it.

Tucking some hair behind my ear, Noal's knuckles skim my cheek. "So, I'm an alpha."

Biting the inside of my cheek, I roll onto my back, kicking the blankets off of me. "No. I don't know. I haven't really thought about titles. I thought maybe you could just do what you're good at, and so could Evan."

"So I'll protect everyone, and he'll.. shop." Noal chuckles.

Scoffing, I slapped his chest before climbing out of the bed. Adjusting my robe before I walk towards my closet. "We'll figure it out."

Holding the closet door, I glance back at him on the bed. "Or.. I guess just you and I will if he doesn't want to stay." I sigh. My eyes dropping to the ground before I hid myself in the closet and shut the door.

Looking around at the shelves of clothes, I chew my bottom lip. Will they be mad if I take all of these clothes? Should I just take what I brought here? Groaning, I rummage for everything I'd had before I arrived months ago.

Dropping down beside the small pile of clothes I'd found, I start to fold and stack the clothes. My eyes scan the shelves for my bag so I can pack my stuff, but I don't find it.

I didn't want to stay here longer than I needed to. Luna Margaret has to go to Anderson's old pack before rogues start tearing it apart. I just hope his gamma is a better man than he was.

Pealing myself off of the floor, I steal Noal's sweats and put them on. Hanging my robe on a hanger and putting it away with the others. Then I scoop my clothes off the floor and head out of the closet. "You should start packing, I want to leave tomorrow afternoon at the latest. You'll have to stay inside until I introduce you to everyone. Margaret's already told the women uncomfortable with men to get organized. They will all be leaving the day after. Once they're gone, we'll have to figure out a way to introduce you, maybe a dinner. After that, you should be fine." I shrug, dragging my feet towards the ottoman at the end of the bed. I drop my clothes beside the crown, and my shoulders drop, emotionally exhausted. "Your family could come, you know, if they wanted. Phillip and Owen, too, obviously. I'm going to ask Claire if she wants to, but if Evan's leaving, I guess she'll want to go back home too."

The thought of losing her and Evan at the same time feels terrible. I didn't have friends before her, Cammy and Faith. Thinking about it, I knew I had Hailet too now, but Claire's different. She's my best friend. If I'm going to lose one of my mates, I needed her. I couldn't be selfish, though, not after all she'd done for me. If she wanted to go home, she should.

Someone knocks on my door, and my eyebrows pull together. Turning to look at the door, Noal runs past me and opens it. Evan pushes past Noal and crosses his arms. "How can you just throw me aside like that? I'm your mate, and you don't even care if I leave! Do you even care about how I feel, what I want? I thought you weren't coming back. Of course, I was going to go home! You coming back changes things. For me, it changes things. I want you. I want to be with you, and I'm not leaving if you want to be with me. So if you're done with me, if you don't want to be with me, reject me to my face! Show me some fucking respect, Adira! Or tell me you want me to stay. Don't act like you don't care. Either way you know what you want, just fucking say it!" He shouts.

Nodding along, I can feel the corners of my mouth pull upwards. My eyes flickering to an amused Noal. I cross my arms and tilt my head a little. "Mmm, okay." I mutter, bitting down on my lips to stop myself from laughing.