Chapter Twenty-Eight

Evan

Sitting on the floor with six kids surrounding me I show them how to make a simple paper airplane. It's the fourth time already and they still aren't getting it. Folding the wings out I hold it up. "There. Now you guys try again."

Passing out papers from the stack I'd found in Daniel's office, I look around the room full of kids. Gregg standing by the front door with his arms crossed, a big smirk on his face as he watched us all. I could fucking punch him for this but I wouldn't with the kids around.

Trevor leaning back in his chair at the dinning table he munches on some cookies. Kids running around the table, Phillip chasing after them. Noal in the kitchen making baked goods, my mouth watered. The knowledge grubby fingers decorated them keeping me from trying one though.

Glancing down at the kids they're folding again and I take a deep breath and push myself up off the carpet. "Keep trying, you'll figure it out."

Stomping passed Gregg I scowl at him and his smile doesn't even falter as little. Rolling my eyes I walk into the kitchen. Spotting Daniel reaching over a little girl a jar of sparkles in her hand, trying to take them from her as she shakes them all over the room.

Noal's eyes raise up from the bowl of batter and we share a exasperated look. Ally's evil I mouth to him and he chuckles. Side stepping the little girls sparkles I take a water from the fridge. "How much longer do we have to do this?" I sigh.

"It's getting close to dinner. Most will be picked up soon. They'll end up back here after. When someone shifts we all go for a pack run. Pups stay here with May and a couple omegas so every wolf can join." Daniel grumbles, snatching the sparkles the little girl cries and he growls. "You can take them home. No more sparkles allowed here."

Crying, the little girl nods her head. "Yes, Alpha." She spoke low before running off.

"Damn, that was harsh don't you think? You're going to have to sweep the floor now anyways. If that was Adira would you have yelled? Oh wait we already know the answer to that." Noal scoffs.

Daniel growls and steps up the the island, splaying his hands on-top of the marble. "You don't know a thing about raising kids. Keep your mouth shut until you have one."

"You sure you do?" Noal chuckles. "You didn't raise Adira either. At least I've got kid sisters I helped take care of. When's the last time you took care of a female other than your mate?" Whisking at the batter as he spoke, not even looking up.

"She was taken, I didn't send her away. Now that she's back I'll parent her how I see fit. Watch your mouth Noal or I'll punch those lips off your face." Daniel growls louder.

Clearing my throat, I set down my water, leaning onto the counter getting both their attention. "Noal, shut the fuck up. Daniel, I don't plan on being forced into babysitting again. So in order to avoid that I'd stop what you're doing and take a moment to think. You think you're getting anywhere with Ally or Adira? Honestly? Look around us, they're gone and now we're in the same fucking boat as you. Shut out for what? Punished for what? I'll give you a hint, it isn't because we listened or acted appropriately. Smarten the fuck up." My eyes peek at Noal and I shake my head pushing off the counter. "Both of you."

Snatching my water I grumble as I leave the kitchen. Both of them were idiots. Fuck I'd been an idiot too earlier. At least I was willing to admit it if I got the chance. Looking around at all these kids I assumed it wouldn't be anytime soon though.