Chapter Seventy Eight

Noal

Sitting down on the bleachers, I watched Owen and Phillip train my sisters. My father standing nearby looking like he might kill them if they actually hurt one of them.

My mother sighs again. I take a deep breath, unable to ignore her again. Leaning forward, I rest my elbows on my knees. "What? Say it."

"Daniel, did he talk to you about the Alpha?"

Nodding, I turn my head to meet her eyes. "He still hasn't said much. I'm going to go there later with the guys. See if we can get him to open up."

Reaching out, my mom rubs at my arm. "Adira still hasn't come back."

"I know, you don't need to remind me. She'll come back eventually, and I'll be here when she does. I'm not going anywhere. If you guys want to go back, you can. I'm not stopping you."

"Noal.." My mom starts.

Cutting her off, I push her hand off of me. "No, don't start. I'm not giving up on her. I know my mate. I've got stuff to do anyway. Cody must have said something, I need to know what it was. She's scared, I could see it. Whatever he said has her worried. I need to fix it so she feels safe enough to come back."

Getting up, my mom moves to stand in front of me. "You know I adore Adira, your sisters love her, but you're my son. I have to make sure you're doing what's best for you, too."

Standing, I go to move around her and stop, our shoulders touching. "I know what's best for me, and that's her. Would you give up on dad?"

Her silence all I need, I snort. "Exactly. I'll see you later."

Propping my two fingers in my mouth, I whistle for Owen and Phillip. I waited for a second to make sure they heard me before heading towards that fucking luxery hotel they call a dungeon.

Daniel treated scum with respect they didn't deserve. Room cleanings, meal service, fuck I wouldn't be surprised if he let them out for feild trips. They should be killed, tortured and killed, depending on their crime.

Kicking the front door open, a guard nods at me before unlocking the thin barred door, letting me into their stupid activity room. A fucking chess set sitting out at one of the tables while two men I don't know are chained and playing together. At least there's two guards at their sides.

Huffing, I head towards the Alpha's cell. Walking passed the two chess players and swiping my hand across their game. I didn't know what they were in here for, but based on Daniel's treatment of killers, I didn't doubt they've done something similar. Who knows, maybe it was something small. Either way, they shouldn't be having fun. Prisoners should be punished, their crimes mirroring the actions that brought them here. 

"Tit for tat and all that." I grumble under my breath. "Put them in their rooms." I hollar over my shoulder.

My toes an inch from the Alphas door. I can't help but grin looking through the small window. He's ready for me, I knew he would be. Daniel's been avoiding this place. Gregg and Evan won't come either. It's just been Trevor, Owen, and I. Phillip won't come into the room. He just sits outside.

Chained to the wall, bruised and beaten. I feel a little better already. Adira's absence has had my wolf and I tense, but having him here has been a great distraction.

Chains rattle behind me, and I roll up my sleeves. May won't like it if I bloody another shirt. I'm pretty sure she's just buying me new clothes to replace mine at this point.

"Trevor said to start without him. He's  busy, apparently." Owen announces himself.

Phillip speaking up behind me. "If he doesn't speak up today, we'll have nothing. Ally wants him dead by dawn tomorrow. Daniel's trying to talk her out of it. He thinks it will start a war."