Chapter Seventy Four

Adira

"Shift!" Daniel screamed, tearing my attention away from my thoughts.

Tala ripping the onsides from a limp wolf. I push her down and shift. My hands shakey as I look down at my blood covered body. My eyes were wide as I met Daniel's eyes. "I-i.." I stammer, my eyes starting to water.

Rushing to my side, Daniel wraps me up in his arms. "Get her clothes!" He barks.

My face pressed into his chest, I let myself sob. What have I done?

Calused hands stroke my back, and I wiggle them off. "Adira, it's okay. You're okay." I hear Owen whisper. "You did so good."

"Go, Owen. Leave us. Noal needs you." Daniel growls, holding me tighter.

"I can't, we.. we made a pact. We stick together." Owen shouts.

Growling, Daniel let's go of me with one arm, and I'm jerked slightly. "Go! She's done here. She's done enough."

Huffing, Owen argues. "She can do this. You saw her, we all saw her, she's magnificent."

Forcing myself to stop crying, I wipe at my face and peak at Owen. "I-I.. is everyone safe now?"

Daniel opens his mouth to speak, and Owen cuts him off. "No. We need to keep going. The Alphas are still searching for you. Althea and Noal just took care of the female Warrior. It's just starting now. This was good, Adira, but there's still so much more to take care of. Push whatever you've got going on down, you can do this, you can finish this."

Groaning, I fist Daniel's shirt and slam my forehead into his chest. Biting down on my lips, I roll them between my teeth. The taste of blood sickening. I clear my throat and pull from Daniel's chest. Spitting the red thick liquid from my mouth. "I can't do that again." I murmur, unable to meet Owen's eyes.

"You don't have to. Trevor, take her to the bunker." Daniel cuts in.

Owen grabs my arm, digging in his nails. "Yes, you can. Let's go. We made a promise. We've got eachothers back. I don't trust anyone to do what you've just done for me. You're strong, Adira. Maybe the strongest female wolf I've ever met. Come on, let's go make sure Noal's back is covered."

The mention of Noal had Tala pushing to take control again, and I pushed her down. Nodding slowly, I pat Daniel's chest and pull myself from his arms. "We have to help Noal." I whisper under my breath.

"Yes." Owen answers, even though I hadn't been asking a question.

"Here." Eli inserts himself. Pushing Owen aside, Eli holds out a white shirt.

Reaching out for it, my eyes widen at the sight of blood coating my arms and hands. Eli wincing. "Sorry, it's all I could find nearby. Maybe you could rinse off in the creek first."

Looking around at all the men, I shake my head. Noal and Evan would be mad they saw me like this, naked. I mean, I think they wouldn't mind considering the situation, but for some reason, it pushes me to throw the shirt on quickly.

Meeting Owen's eyes, he searches my face for something, an answer. Maybe?

Sighing, I push all thoughts aside from Noal aside and reach out for Owen. Squeezing his arm, I clear my throat. "Let's go."

Nodding quickly, Owen takes my hand in his and drags me down the hill. Daniel and everyone else are on our heels.

"You don't have to do this." Daniel whispers, making his way to my side. "You can just keep running. Trevor, Eli and Mateo can go with you."