Chapter Twenty-Seven

Adira

All of us stand silently. Daniel looks uncomfortable as he opens and closes his mouth a dozen times. Ally elbowing him in his side. He groans before wiping his hands down his face. "I'm sorry." He grumbles under his breath.

Ally elbowing his again, Daniel shoots her a look before turning his eyes to mine. "I'm not behaving appropriately. I know it's no excuse but I hadn't expected to see you again. I don't know how to react or what to say. I look at you and see a baby girl I held in my arms. Now.." he tilts his head towards Noal and sighs. "You're here with her. She's back and you're about to take her from us. Ally's been mourning for the passed seventeen years almost. I didn't want my mate to go through that again."

"And." Ally urges him to continue.

Daniel takes a deep breath and stares down at me again. "I really need the name of the man you call dad. You might not understand why he has to die but he does. His actions cannot go unpunished. If he comes for you I will kill him. He did it to hurt my mate, he planned to hurt you, his actions hurt my pack. It's what I must do."

Shaking my head I take a step back. Everything up until that had almost made me forgive him. Daniel wasn't willing to even compromise though. It would always be his way or the highway. "I already told you I won't help you kill him."

Clenching his fists he shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath. "Ally." He grumbles.

"Just tell him." Evan whispers.

Moving out of his side, I frown. "No. No, I can't do that." I mumble. Noal's hand squeezes mine and I turn into his chest, burying my face in his shirt. His other hand rubbing my back. "I-i can't. He raised me."

A small hand touches my arm and I peek over at Ally. "I'm sorry but.." I bite my lips together.

"It's okay." Ally spoke, eyes full with compassion and pain. She breaks eye contact and sighs. "So we wait for him to come. We make a plan and we keep him in a cell until he dies from old age."

"The pack will kill him just for attempting to hurt you and Adira. They'll tear them apart like they did with Vickey. Every guard would be a ticking time bomb. I doubt he'd last a night in the cells." Daniel comments.

"Not even that if I get to him first." Evan huffs.

Snapping my head towards him my eyes start to water. Noal grunting in agreement I push myself away from him. My eyebrows knitting together. Tears starting to flow down my cheeks. Noal reaches up to wipe them and I slap his hands away.

"That's still my dad." I cry.

Daniel makes a feral sound and I jump back. My eyes searching for a single person on my side and don't find one. Xale and Phillip looking at their feet instead of facing me.

Chocking back a sob I nod my head and turn on my heels. If that's how they all felt, if they couldn't even come up with a plan to keep him alive, I didn't want anything to do with any of them.

Kicking up my feet I start to run. Pushing myself to get as far from them as I can. I can hear them calling after me. Yelling for me to stop, to calm down and come back. I can't though, not now.

Tala's disagreeing groans and whimpers to go back to Noal don't go unheard. They keep me from running faster. From truely leaving them all behind. The reality was I could see where they were coming from. I just wanted them to see where I was coming from too.