Chapter Forty-Six

Adira 

Tugging the comb through my hair I untangle the rest. Watching Evan stare at Noal as he closes the door behind him, Noal headed downstairs.

"No funny business. It was probably best you didn't.. yeah. We're going to have to deal with everyone seeing your mark as it is." I clear my throat.

Tossing the brush on the bed I pluck the sweatpants off, sliding them on under my towel. Heading back into the bathroom to put on Noal's shirt from last night.

Dressing myself like a normal person felt odd. It was weird how quickly you could get used to something. Noal's nurturing overwhelming habit used to make me feel a little uncomfortable. Now I looked forward to waking up and going to bed. Those moments with him alone tended to be the only time I seen that side of him.

"Want to make sure the coast is clear so I can go across the hall? I need to get dressed too. I don't want anyone spotting me leaving your room like this with Noal downstairs. Owen or Phillip would probably flip." Evan startles me. Staring at me in the mirror.

Nodding at him I turn on my heels. Making sure to put some distance between us as I pass him. Evan was right. Owen and Phillip might react negatively if they figure it out without Noal around. They were Noal's friends, they were like family. Noal would have to tell them.

Sauntering across my room I open my door, peaking down the hall before I wave Evan through. "I'll meet you downstairs." I whisper, still looking down the hall to make sure no one comes our way.

Whipping me around Evan takes me into his arms. Covering my mouth with his palm before I can squeal. "We're going to finish what we started. Next time I don't care who interrupts." Evan whispers, dropping his hand and pushing my hair over my shoulder.

Frozen from shock, my eyes wide, Evan places a light kiss on my lips. Before I can respond he's already pulling away, turning away from me and heading into his shared room. Speechless, I run the tips of my fingers over my lips and frown. Evan's behavior since the party ended last night is giving me whiplash. The calm comforting man I'd known is now showing me sides of him I'd never seen.

Pulling myself together I run my hands through my hair and take a deep breath. Huffing, I turn and head downstairs. Pulling my hair over my shoulder to cover the marks on my neck. For the first time in my life wishing I'd liked turtlenecks, and that it was colder so I could wear one without looking suspicious. Unfortunately luck wasn't on my side. My hair would have to do.

The front door open I quicken my steps down the staircase. My eyebrows pulling together as I bite down on the inside of my cheek. The house quiet down here. I glance around the living room and dinning room. Nobody in sight I peek out the front door as I head towards the kitchen.

Fingers crossed at my side Noal's still down here. Tala has been worried since Noal said Cody was coming soon. I wouldn't admit it out loud but I was terrified as well. I had a bad feeling in my gut. When the lying bastard did come it wasn't going to be good.

Spotting May and Penelope in the kitchen, sitting at the small table on the left. I relax a little, clearing my throat. "Good morning, have you seen Noal? I thought he'd be down here waiting for me."

Penelope shifts in her chair, smiling up at me. "Conal found him before you did."

May chuckles and pushes back her chair. Crossing the room and opening up the oven. Pulling out two plates and setting them on the counter. "Ally thought it best Conal not be here during the meeting. Daniel and Noal are walking him to Marcus's place. His mate is going to watch him. They should all be here soon. Eat up. We're heading out. If you need anything just link me or Pen."