Chapter Twenty-Two

Adira 

Waking up next to Noal wasn't that bad. His arm wrapped around me as he held me close to his chest. His other hand in my hair massaging my scalp. It was nice even. It felt good to be held tight safe in someone's arms.

Nuzzling my face into his chest I let Tala get a deep breath of his scent. Noal squeezing me tighter. "You're awake." Noal spoke, his voice gravely, with sleep.

Peering up at him, I yawn. "Time to get dressed and go wakeup the boys."

Moving my leg off of his hip I slide from his arms. Crawling off the bed I throw myself down onto the lounger. Unzipping my bag and taking out what I'll need for the day. Deciding to just pull on a pair of spandex shorts.

Stretching out in the bed Noal watches as I hop into the shorts. Wiggling around to get them over my butt. "Not a chance, go grab my bag, Adira." He grunts, stretching his arms behind his head.

Sighing, I sit back down and put on a pair of socks. "It's going to be warm out. I'm not wearing your sweats everyday for the rest of my life."

"Keep my shirt on then." He huffs, pushing himself out of bed he goes to the bathroom.

Following him, I brush my teeth again, staring as he puts on a pair of jeans that hug his behind. His back flexing as he does them up. Rinsing my toothbrush I set it back down beside the sink. "I was already going to wear it." I give him an evil smile when he looks up at me.

Skipping out of the room I open the door and peak into the hall. Checking both ways before barging into the boys room. Owen rubbing his eyes, sitting on the edge of the bed. Evan laying on the couch I jump onto him. "Wake up!"

Grumbling, he snatches me into his arms. Pulling me down into the couch with him. "I'm already up, I'm starving. I was just waiting for you."

At the mention of food my stomach growls and Evan chuckles. Picking me up and getting off the couch he crouches. "Get on, Shorty. Fuck the plan, let's go find something to eat."

Giggling, I stand on the couch and hop onto his back. Evan carrying me out of the room. Noal meets us in the hall and gives me a look. One eyebrows raises slightly as if telling me I'm testing the boundaries of our deal last night.

Sticking my tongue out at him he spanks my behind. Evan walking us down the stairs and to the dinning room. My stomach grumbling at the smell of bacon. Evan passes the dinning room and walks into the kitchen.

The older lady and Daniel sitting at a small table inside. "Good morning." He grunts up at us.

"Where's, my mom?" I ask, not knowing her real name. It made me feel weird. I'd just been so relaxed and the realization I had no idea what the heck I was doing here just hit me like a bus. I didn't really know any of them. I knew I was safe - ish, and that they were my parents but i didn't know them. Not a people, not even as friends. I didn't even know my mothers name for Goddess sake. 

"In our room. She'd probably open the door for you. Goddess knowns she won't open it for anyone else. It's locked. First door on the left when you get upstairs." He grumbles again.

May biting down on her lips holding back a smile.

Ahh they're fighting still. I wonder how long that was going to last. Mated wolves never fought. Well not that I'd ever seen. I wonder how long until they make up. Would it be soon? I hope so, wolves don't do well without their mates. I'd seen how it had destroyed my father. Years without the person he loved. He's broken inside, a jagged heart. That's probably why he couldn't love me, why he couldn't love anyone.