Chapter Thirty-Eight

Adira

Having brothers might actually be better than sisters. Xale and Micheal never woke me at the crack of dawn. Yet Rosheen and Siobhan had shown zero restraint. Curled up in Noal's arms the two had ripped the blankets from us and nearly ripped my arm from my shoulder to get me out of bed.

Noal grumbling about locking the door next time. Meanwhile I was shoved into my bathroom. Ordered to shower and brush my teeth, like they thought I was dirty or something. Yet I'd showered last night before bed.

Begrudgingly I did as they asked, washing my hair and body. Shaving every hair on my body from under my eyes down, off of me. A knock startling me as I slide out of the steamy shower stall. "I'm coming in." I hear Noal say through the door and relax.

Noal's head peaking in before sliding in fully dressed, shutting the door behind him. "They're gone. Deirdre is making them train with her. Our parents are waiting for us in the living room downstairs. Febris and Feronia are with them."

I don't need to look in his eyes to know his parents now know about Tala. I can feel the sympathy he's trying to mask inside of him. "Great. Let's get this over with then." I exhale.

Shouldering passed Noal he follows me as I go to my closet. Staring at me while I find a pair of grey sweat shorts. A white bra and pull open a drawer filled with his shirts. Taking a white long sleeve out I shut the drawer. Dropping my towel and getting dressed. "Do you think I should trust them? Let them do whatever spell they think will help Tala." I sigh, pulling the shorts over my hips then tie them up.

"I think they'd be foolish to try anything that could hurt you."

Sighing, I slip on a pair of sandals. "That's not what I asked."

Ignoring whatever roundabout answer he was going to give me next I finish dressing and head downstairs. Linking Evan before I hit the bottom step. "You sleeping or busy? I could use some support. About to walk into the livingroom and be interrogated."

"On my way." Evan yawns back.

Walking into the living room I force myself not to groan out loud. The only empty seats are beside Febris and Feronia. I didn't want to come off as rude to Noal's parents but I really didn't want to sit down next to them. I didn't even want to be around them. My secret should have been mine to share, not Febris's.

So I suck it up. Putting on my big girl panties. Thinking of whatever get over it quote I could remember. So I could plaster the most polite smile on my face. The one I'd used at pack balls and functions. Dad having made me go to every single thing an Alpha had put together. They were always the same though. A grand event organized so the Alpha could remind everyone of their status. Dress codes and formal introductions, omegas forced to bow down to everyone above them. I hated them just as much as I was going to hate this.

Sitting down next to Feronia I crossed my leg away from her. "Good morning." I try to sound cheerful.

Cara laughs while Roman nods. Ally and Daniel smiling and saying "Good morning." At the same time.

"I heard the girls woke you. You need to learn to lock your door around them. Rosheen and Siobhan don't listen to anybody. I told them not to wake you." Cara giggles.

Faking a small chuckle I shrug my should. "I'll have to remember that." I'd already made a mental note of that an hour ago.

Noal sitting down beside me I scoot closer to him. Putting more distance between Feronia and I. Noal wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Let's drop the bullshit. What's going on? You guys dying to cast that spell on her?" Noal squints his eyes at Febris and Feronia. "Or are you done trying to figure out who her dad is on your own." He jutted his chin out at Daniel.