Chapter Forty-Four

Adira 

Evan is gentle compared to Noal. Or maybe I'm just more comfortable because I know what is coming. More relaxed. Like putty in his hand I melt into Evan's touch.

All he does is run his hands up and down my body. Fingers hooking my robe and peeling it off my shoulders. Caught on my elbows, still tied around me, our body's pressed together, it doesn't fall far. Only exposing my shoulders and the top of my chest, cool air peppers my skin with goosebumps. Or maybe it was his touch. I didn't have the brainpower to figure it out.

Seeing Evan shirtless now was nothing like the first time I had. I'd admired his beauty then, now I was hypnotized by it. Like a spell I couldn't shake the trance his nearness and body cast on me.

Drool pools in my mouth again and I swallow it. "I-I.. mark me here." I ran my fingers along my collarbone under Noal's mark. 

A lustful growl escapes Evan and he scoops me into his arms. Like a bride and groom he carries me to my bed. Laying me down on my back, my legs hanging over the side. Evan inserts himself between them and his eyes rake over me. His fingers lifting the belt around my robe he looks at me for permission and I nod.

Torturous slow hands pull the knot, freeing me from the silk. My heart starting to race under his gaze. Rough hands grabbing onto my knees and sliding down to my hips. Taking deep breaths I try and calm myself but with every touch it feels like my world is about to explode. I didn't need his mark to know I loved him. I didn't need the mate bond to tell me how I felt.

I was lying to myself trying to compare him to Noal. Evan was nothing like Noal. This, doing this, it felt like it was my decision. Like I'd been building up to this exact moment so much longer. My human heart loving him before I even felt the bond.

I loved Noal. It wasn't that I didn't. It just wasn't the same. The option to love him was never there. I had no choice. With Evan I did, and I'd still fallen in love. Not the same love I felt now but it was still love. An undeniable love.

"Tell me what you're thinking." Evan whispers, his fingers drawing shapes creating tingles on my thighs.

"That I loved you even before I felt the tingles under my palm." I admit.

"I loved you too."

Sucking in a sharp breath, my stomach flips and Tala purrs. "Kiss me."

Leaning over me Evan tucks a hand under my neck. His lips hovering over mine. His scent so strong I start to pant. Evan's eyes flickering back and forth from turquoise to gold. He's fighting so hard to keep his wolf back, and all I want is for Evan to let him loose. I want to see that side of him.

"Please." I beg in a breathy whisper.

A hand scooping up my waist, he tosses me into the middle of the bed and I squeal. Evan smirking at me before his lips lightly descend upon mine. Soft, gentle, and caring. His lips profess love in a way I've never felt before.

So different from Noal's passionate, overwhelming love. Evan's was a romantic, epic kind of love, an ever lasting love. Instead of setting me aflame and driving me wild it soothes me. It brings me a comfort Noal's lips never have.

Tangling my fingers into the ends of his hair I hum against his lips. Evan groaning as he holds me tighter. His tongue sliding between the seam of my mouth, asking for permission I met his tongue with my own. A beautiful dance taking place.