Chapter Sixty-Eight

Adira 

Sitting down on the edge of my bed, I watch as Noal and Evan putter around the room. Noal is getting new clothes ready for when he leaves. Evan is putting more of his clothes in the closet. The two of them whisper to one another as they work side by side.

Sighing, I throw myself down onto my back. "We haven't seen each other in days, and you two aren't even paying attention to me." I grumble, turning onto my hands and knees and crawling up the bed and under the covers.

I was mentally and emotionally exhausted. I needed their touch, I needed the kind of comfort only they could give me. Yet here I was, watching them prioritize everyday tasks.

Noal chuckles as he steps out of the closet with a small bag in his hand. Tossing it by the door, he makes his way towards me, crawling into the bed and laying beside me. Evan laughing with him.

"I'll be right out. Neither of you made room for me, so I've had to figure it out myself while you were gone." Evan smiles as he leans his head out of the closet to speak to us.

Noal tugs me into his side as he sighs. "May made room for me, not Adira. She should have done the same for you."

"Well, she didn't, and neither of you cared."

Sitting up, I bite down on the inside of my cheek. "It's just a closet. Are you really upset over that? I'm upset for a hundred reasons, and a bigger closet doesn't even register on the list."

Meeting my eyes, Evan comes out of the small room and closes the door behind him. "You've got a point, Shorty. I'll order a dresser or something."

Fiddling with my fingers, I look back at Noal and throw myself back. Squirming as I get comfortable in his arms. "Or we could find somewhere to live with a bigger closet." I murmur to myself.

Noal cupping my cheek, his eyebrows knitting together. "You want to move out of here?"

Shrugging, I reach my hand out for Evan. "I want this to work. I want peace. I don't know if I'll find that here."

Evan's hand surrounds mine, and he climbs in behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "It's my fault. Daniel and I will be fine as long as you and I are fine. You dont need to worry about him and I." Evan leans over top of me.

Snorting, I roll my eyes. "I was raised by wolves, I know how it gets sometimes. I'm not upset about that, not really. It hurt like crazy but it's not the main reason I'd leave."

Noal's fingers sink into my hair, and he forces me to look over at him. His eyes are hypnotizingly green. "I didn't stay to talk about things that don't matter right now. Unless you want to leave now, let's focus on what's important." He grumbles, tugging at my hair lightly.

Nodding, I exhale a deep breath. "Okay. I'd like to say sorry for lying then. Not necessarily for what I'd planned but the lying part specifically."

Smirking, Noal groans. Pushing Evan back and climbing on top of me, the thick comforter separates us. "I'd prefer a different type of apology."

The sparkle in his eyes makes me laugh, and I push at his shoulder. "You leave soon, and then we've got dinner."

His eyes flashing gold, Noal glances over at Evan before staring down at me. "Go make sure Mo Mhuirnin doesn't have to worry about you and Daniel during dinner. I want some time alone before I leave. You'll have her to yourself until I return."