Chapter Fifty-One

Adira 

Leaning back in my chair I yawn. My stomach full and muscles soar. I was ready for a bath and a bed. Since I fell asleep in the tub last time Noal and Evan haven't let me bath. The fact they didn't hover over me when I showered was apparently a compromise.

Kicking my foot out I tap Claire's shin under the table. Everyone else eating and whispering around us. "Want to take dessert to my room?"

Pushing her plate away Claire nods. A smile tugging up the corners of her lips, her perfect teeth on display.

"Can we come?" Rosheen inserts herself. Glancing over at her I watch as she gestures to Siobhan and Deirdre.

"Me too?" Xale squeals like a girl, mocking us.

Rolling my eyes I push my chair back, ear piercing scraping noises making my body tense. "You guys need new chairs with wheels or something." I look past Noal towards Ally.

Chuckling Ally drops her napkin onto her plate. "You want a new chair find one and we'll get it."

Xale scoffs and raises his hand out towards me. "She doesn't like the chairs and you'll get her a new one, but when I wanted a TV I was told no. You guys are picking favorites."

Daniel sighed exasperated, glaring at Xale. "You wanted a TV in here so you wouldn't miss humans playing sports. Dinners are for family. You want a TV anywhere else and you can have one."

"The bathroom?" Xale grins.

"What? No. Why would you need a TV in the bathroom?" Daniel squinted his eyes at Xale.

"For baths." Imogen spoke up, shocking all of us.

Everyone turning to her. I feel guilty the second her face starts to turn red. "Or, or when you're getting ready in the morning. Then you can brush your teeth while watching the weather network. Then you would know what to wear."

"Just look outside." Trevor grumbled, low, like he hadn't meant to say it outloud.

Marcus and Gregg laughing, I snort. "I think bathroom televisions are a good idea. I'm with Xale. I want a TV and a chair." I raise my chin as I push myself up from my seat. Picking it up to put it back so it doesn't make anymore terrible noises.

Picking up my plate I reach for Claire's and she passes me hers. Feeling Evan's hand sliding between my thighs from behind, pulling me towards him. "I'll order you one later. I'm on watch tonight at Gwen and Warren's. I'll see you in the morning."

Stacking his plate on mine and Claire's, I nod. "Be safe. If you get tired link me. I can watch over Sofia."

"You link her and I'll tie her up and lock the door. Tonight she's mine." Noal grumbles.

Scowling down at him on my right I snatch his plate from him. "You're not the boss, Growly."

Picking up the stack of plates I walk to the kitchen. "I'll meet you guys up in my room. I'm just going to wash these first."

May sighs dramatically when she sees me. "I told you to stop doing that. Give me those. Go hangout with your friends." May held out her hands.