Chapter Seventy One

Adira 

Sitting down at the dinningroom table I wait for everyone to join us. Daniel and I sitting side by side. He'd set up maps on the table and surprised me when he didn't move to his usual seat. Instead he sat awkwardly silent as we both listened for everyone headed our way.

Claire yawning loudly as she walked into the room. "Why do we need to do this now, can't this wait until later? We aren't heading out until the sun starts to set."

Daniel clears his throat and folds his arms as he leans back. "Some of us are leaving earlier. Everyone needs to know their parts now, I won't be here later to explain."

"You're leaving before us?" I frown at Daniel, glancing at Claire for a split second as she pulls out her chair.

Nodding, Daniel scoots his chair forward and starts fiddling with the maps.

Sighing I pull my legs up on my chair. My heels on the edge of my seat I wiggle my toes as I rest my cheek on my knee. "May, is breakfast ready yet? I'm starving." I groan, loud enough for her to hear in the kitchen.

Giggling, Penelope comes out with a large serving dish. "Everything been ready for awhile. We were waiting for everyone else. Do you want some fruit until to pick at until they get here?"

Turning my head I smile and reach my hands out. "Thank you."

Passing me the bowl she bows then leaves and it throws me off gaurd. Eyebrows pulled together I make a face at Claire and she shrugs nonchalantly. Shaking it off I pluck a strawberry from the bowl and munch on it. Smelling Evan nearby Tala perks up. Not far behind him I hear Warren, Eli and Mateo. The four of them entering the room one by one and finding their own spots at the table. Evan coming to my right and kissing the top of my head before sitting down. "Sorry, I didn't think I'd be gone so long." He whispers in my ear.

"It's fine. Sit, May won't feed me until everyone's ready." I laugh.

Claire snorting as she reaches over for my bowl. Setting my bowl down I push it towards her and she grabs a couple slices of melon.

Evan's hand wrapping around my ankle. "Kay and Elyse said they're training. They don't need to be here. Kay said they're staying with you at all times so everything else is irrelevant."

Snorting, Daniel steals my attention and I rest my arms on my knees. "What?"

"Kay's cocky. If she loses you, which she will, she won't know what to do or where to go to help you." Daniel grumbles.

"I'll fill her in, it's not a big deal." I murmur, turning back to Claire. "So, how late did Cammy keep you up?" I change the subject, refusing to let anything get to me.

I wasn't about to stress over things that haven't happened. I had enough to worry about.

Grinning, Claire picks a strawberry from the bowl then pushes it back to me. "Late enough for me to catch Evan's friend sneaking into her room through the window." Her eyes turning to Evan, sparkling with mischief.

Scowling, Evan's fingers dig into my ankle and I grab at his wrist, my thumb stroking up and down to calm him. "Hey, you'd be a hypocrite if you lost it. Look at us, Cammy didn't lose her shit so neither can you."