Chapter Sixty Four

Adira 

Walking through the pack is uneventful. Whether it's because everyone's to afraid to say something to me because my father's their Alpha, or because they don't know why I really left, I don't know, and right now I don't care. Their silence and polite smiles are good enough for me.

Kay and Elyse at my sides I lead them towards the feild used for training. If Mateo and Eli were telling the truth I suspect that's where Evan will be. I just hope he doesn't do anything that might terrify my guests.

I can't honestly believe I'm even thinking that about Evan. I would have never worried about him having an outburst before. Now I'm wondering if I should turn around, At least to drop Kay and Elyse off at the pack house.

Clearing my throat I twist my fingers in my hands. "So.. uhm I don't think.. I mean from what Eli and Mateo say maybe.. but uhm.. I know Luna Margaret worries about you guys a lot and if you guys are worried about anything I can take you to the pack house first. I know you guys could hear and.. well.. to the honest I don't even know how it's going to go with my mate. I've never seen him how they described him. So if you two don't feel safe or don't want to come I totally understand. We can head straight to my dad. Up to you guys. We can still turn around." I stammer, uncomfortable.

"We are here to protect you." Elyse cups my shoulder, her hands warmth sinking through the fibers of my shirt.

Shaking my head I shrug her hand off of me. "Yes, but you don't need to protect me from him. He won't hurt me, he's my mate."

Snorting Kay steals my attention. "I can't even count how many women I know thought the same thing and now they're living on Lunas' land."

Scowling at her I bite my tongue to stop Tala from growling at Kay's words. "He isn't one of those men. He isn't someone I'd ever need saving from. Dont ever imply something like that again." I snap.

Elyse wraps her arm around my shoulder and squishes me into her side. "Ignore her. She's never had a mate. She's never even been around people mated happily before. Luna Margaret created such a safe bubble I think people forget sometimes some things are worth a little danger."

"I'm not in danger of anything though except for maybe a very loud conversation. Evan's kind, compassionate and everything good. I just haven't seen him mad at me specifically before. If you two are fine with being there I've got nothing to hide. He isn't going to do anything."

"Good, then pick up the pace. Let's see this perfect mate of yours." Kay grunts.

Taking a deep breath I try to compose myself. Walking faster through the pack. Weaving through the paths and buildings, finally catching sight of the feild. It's practically empty, only a few wolves off in the distance. Even from here though I can tell Evan is one of them.

Taking a deep breath through my nose I confirm my assumption. Ronan and Warren with him aswell. "He's here. His dad and my other mates dad is aswell. See, everything will be fine. Even if he does freak out they'll make sure everything's fine."

Kay chuckles and crosses her arms. "Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself, not us."

Rolling my eyes I halt and run my fingers through my hair. Frowning when my finger tips touch something rough and I tugg out a twig from my curls. Elyse giggling and swatting at my hand. "Here, let me."