Chapter fourteen

Adira 

Waking up to the sun shining through the windows I stretch out on the sofa. Yawning as I look over at Evan still asleep on the other couch. Silence all throughout the hotel room, everyone still asleep. 

The need to pee sudden and overwhelming. I roll off the couch and trip over something on the floor. Landing with a thud, I groan. Hands grabbing onto me I jerk away, startled as I look up at Noal.

"Shit, I didn't mean to scare you." He swore.

My eyes catch the pillow on the floor beside the couch and a blanket still partially wrapped around him. "You slept on the floor? I just stepped on you and you're apologizing to me?" I look up into his sapphire green eyes.

"I-i just, I got you a drink and you were asleep when I came back." He reaches for a plastic bottle of blue liquid, holding it out to me.

"And you wanted to make sure I got the drink so you slept on the floor beside me?" I furrow my brows. That made no sense.

"Sure, let's go with that." He mumbles, but I catch the way his eyes dart to Evan for a split second. Realization dawns on me that he doesn't care about getting me a drink, Noal only cares about Evan being near me.

Rolling my eyes, I push myself off the floor. Running my hands over my shirt making sure I'm not exposing myself. Noal's eyes start to shine gold.

"You're wearing my shirt, Mo Mhuirnin." He fingers the bottom of the fabric.

"Did you just call me a bitch again?" I scoff.

Just when I thought he was being nice, bam, douche bag. Aside from Evan I guess all my first impressions are right. Slapping his hand away I go to stomp off.

Before I can his hand snatches mine, stopping me. "That's not what that means. I'd never call you that." He whispers.

Looking down at his hand on mine Tala purrs inside of me. Yet I don't feel the sparks everyone's always talked about. Shaking his hand off mine I look over my shoulder at him.

"Your tone of voice when speaking to me says otherwise."

Noal looks over at Evan and my eyes follow. Evan's chest still rising and falling evenly. His light snores still drifting through the room. "He saved me. You hurt him and I'll kill you." I warn.

Chuckling lightly Noal's hand reaches out for me again. "I'd like to see you try."

Raising a brow I smirk. Stepping into him and running the tips of my fingers along his arm with one hand. I might not feel the sparks but I'm betting he does. He feels the pull.

The second I see him swallow I tilt my head slightly and bat my eyelashes. Noal's hands hovering over my hips, like he's afraid to touch me.

Then with my other hand I punch him as hard as I can in the throat. I meant to hit his face but he's to tall. The next thing I know he's kneeling over chocking trying to breath.

Tala growling loudly in my head, enraged. Furious I'd just caused him harm.

And although I didn't mean to hit his throat I did mean to hurt him. Seeing him on his knees brings a smile to my face. Dad's training paying off. "I meant what I said." I squat down so I'm eye level, smiling at him.