Chapter Fifty-five

Adira 

Talking up Owen was harder then I thought it would be. I knew less about him then anyone else at this table. What I did know created an even list of pros and cons. Thankfully, Phillip and Noal knew plenty of stories to share that showed Owen in a good light.

Warren sat silent at the end of the table, Gwen at his side with a small smile on her lips. Sofia on the other side of Warren. Her brothers beside her, Emma and Hailey beside Gwen. Owen sat beside Dad. Phillip and Evan between him and Hailey. I sat beside one of the twins, Eli or Mateo, I couldn't figure out which. Noal at my right. Xale between him and Ally. Daniel sitting at the other end of the table, in his usual spot.

Picking at my chicken I leaned my elbows on the table. Smiling down at Sofia, aaiting for my opportunity to talk. Noal's hand cupping the back of my neck, his thumb in my hair massaging my scalp.

Phillip finishing up his detailed story about Owen saving him from rogues once, I almost cheer. It was boring compared to earlier stories. Everyone around the table almost passing out. Except for Gwen, who looked like she would force Sofia to let Owen mark her any second. Each story apparently proving more to her then Sofia.

I decide it's time for me to speak up. Clearing my throat I drop my fork. "If it wasn't apparent already I guess what we're trying to say is he's someone you're safe with." I wait for Sofias eyes to meet mine. "If you weren't I wouldn't be here. Even though he sort of saved me too. He didn't even know me and he came to help me get here safe. If I didn't think when it came down to it he would treat you right I wouldn't have organized this dinner. Woman to woman, I'm on your side before any man's, even a mates." I give her a genuine smile. "We have to stick together, we're girls. I think you should trust your wolf and the Goddess though. She wouldn't have picked him for you if he wasn't the right person."

Nodding Sofia looked down at her lap. "He's just.." looking up she leans forward to look at Owen. "You're just to much sometimes. I need to take it slow. If I let you mark me you have to promise to wait until I'm ready for more. I feel this... burning. I don't want it to get worse, but I don't want to mate." She explains, her voice barely a whisper.

"There we have it. You mark her and stay in the pack house until she's ready for more." Daniel claps his hands together. Pushing out his chair he stands. "Now I'm ready for dessert and any other conversation not involving Owen. Sorry, but I'll fall asleep if I hear another story about you." He pats Owen's shoulder.

"I'm ready for my dessert." Noal groans in my ear. A blush creeping up my neck as I lower my eyes, trying to cover my face. Embarrassment sinking in, if only he knew how much I wanted to be his dessert.

Eli and Mateo chuckling beside me, I rest my hand on Noals thigh. "Bring our plates to the kitchen? I'll wash them after." I link him, pushing down the lust simmering inside of me.

Shifting forward Noal drops his hand from my neck. Picking up our plates and standing. I move his chair back for him. "And Evan's." I whisper, glancing up at Evan and smile, catching him staring at me.

Evan getting up and passing his plate to him. Noal huffs and walks to the kitchen. Evan rounding the table and stealing Noal's seat, wrapping his arm around me and tugging me into his side. "Little one, you look tired." He kissed my forehead.

"I am. Training was tough today." I yawn.

"Well get some rest tonight. Tomorrow we're going to Luna Margaret's pack bright and early." Ally inserts herself, giving her a weird look when I frown at her. "We're going to get her help setting up Cody to spot us. They can take us from there without anyone here finding out before we want them to."