Chapter Fifteen

Ally 

Daniel's acting weird, distant even. His wall is up and I don't know why. Aside from when he's sleeping I cannot see his thoughts. Even then all I get is glimpses of his dreams. The day I had Adira and he held us in his arms on replay every night.

Her birthday is in four days. My little girl will be eighteen. She'd be able to finally shift. That was the only thing that brought me hope. We still haven't found her but I know she's still alive, I can feel it in my heart.

I had hope that when she finally shifts her wolf will bring her to me. So, secretly, I prepared her old room. Tears flowed from my eyes like waterfalls as I'd taken the crib apart. Removing all the baby furniture as I brought in and built a bigger bed. I still had more to do though, I had to make it perfect.

Turning over in the silk sheets of my bed I slide off. Getting changed and grabbing my keys. Daniel already gone with the boys. Xale most likely left behind in the office to go over pack business. He was always so serious, I wish he would act more his age.

I tip toe through the house, making sure not to get caught sneaking away. The two guards out front silently saying good morning, privy to my plans. They've helped me carry in and out furniture all month, promising me to keep it to themselves.

Offering them a small smile I take a deep breath of fresh air, stepping onto the gravel. My chunky nude heels crunching the pebbles below my feet. My green wrap dress dancing around my thighs, wind blowing through the air.

Getting into the SUV already parked in front I offer the two guards a small wave as thank you. Knowing one of them must have moved it for me. Looking around I scan for Daniel, Kelly or Gregg, not seeing any of them I slide into the driver's seat.

Shutting the door and buckling up and catch the scent of Trevor and groan audibly. "Who snitched?"

Looking into the rearview mirror Trevor shrugs. "I saw you leave two days ago, then again yesterday. Curiousity got to me. Where you going, Ally?"

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Have I told you anyone's secrets?" He met my question with one of his own.

Sighing, I look over my shoulder at him. "I'm redecorating a bedroom."

Crossing his arms, Trevor leans back in his seat, waiting for me to continue.

"Adira's." A mumble turning my attention back to the steering wheel.

"Okay, I'll come with you."

"No." I shake my head, feeling the need to cry prickle my eyes. Amaris feeling uneasy, I'd just shared our secret with someone who's closer to Daniel than to us now.

"I'm not getting out, Ally. So drive or get out of the car." Trevor spoke low, his tone as serious as when we'd been a couple about to get into a fight. Trevor's never been one to let something go. I should have been more careful, I should have been keeping my eyes on him instead of Daniel. Daniel's too busy blocking me out, he wouldn't even notice anything different with me.

Turning the keys I start the car. Putting it into drive and pulling out of the driveway. Making my way off of pack land and onto smooth pavement. "If you tell Daniel I'll kill you." I mutter.