Chapter Forty-Five

Noal  

I watch as Adira stands underneath the shower head, water running down her body as she soaks it in. Running my fingers through my wet hair I lean against the bathroom counter. Evan opening the door and peaking inside. Silently making his way beside me and staring at Adira with me. "You didn't need to do all that. She's still yours. She's mine too though. We could sit here and have a pissing match all day, compete with each other. Or we could skip the bullshit and just be with her." Evan links me.

"Just making sure she knew she was still mine." I link back, grumbling.

He was right. Had he been anyone else I'd of killed him. Adira made it clear from the beginning he was off limits. I wasn't jealous and my wolf wasn't either. My wolf was grouchy. He wanted to make sure Adira knew she was ours. She could be Evan's too, I didn't care about that. I was glad. She was safer with two mates. I'd seen the fall out that happened after a rejection. I might not know Evan a whole lot but I wouldn't want to see him go through that.

People automatically assumed because of my size I was ruthless. Maybe I was in a way, but I wasn't an idiot either. Some people were worth caring about. Especially a mate. I knew what losing a mate could do. Even if Adira had me she would have felt pain rejecting Evan. Pain I'd never put her through.

My father would be proud. I never was the kind of kid to share his toys. Adira wasn't a toy though. Adira made me share her from the start. Maybe that's why I wasn't so angry. The only difference now was she would have his mark. Adira had always held Evan close.

If I was honest with myself I wasn't all that upset when I walked in on them earlier. I'd felt her lust, the pleasure she was feeling through our mate bond. I knew what I was walking into. I almost cheered when I'd turned her door knob and found it unlocked. Watching wasn't better then being the one on top of her, but it didn't suck either. Not that I want to see his dick. It was too soon for that, forever might be too soon. However, it made my cock so hard. Pride swelled up inside of me. She looks so fucking gorgeous when she's about to cum. The way her cheeks turn pink, her body glistening, the sounds she makes, she was a Goddess and now someone else could see that too. Evan looks at her and sees all the things I do. From the tent in his pants it was obvious.

Adira spins around and her eyes widen when she spots Evan and I standing beside each other. "Pass me a towel, please." She's barely able to whisper. Her hands trying to cover herself.

Chuckling to myself, I pickup the towel beside me. Unfolding it and holding it up. Evan huffing and snatching it from me. Rushing to her and wrapping it around her shoulders. Adira mouthing thank you, stepping out of the shower. I turn and grab her toothbrush, putting some paste on it and passing it to her.

Leaving her in the bathroom not so worrisome now knowing Evan's in there with her. Cody stole her right from her crib in this house. Every time she left my sight I worried it could happen again. Except this time she would die. I doubted her father would keep her alive another eighteen years.

I drop the towel from my hips onto the floor of her closet. Opening a drawer on my side and pulling on a pair of grey sweatpants. Grabbing one of my shirts from the drawer above it for Adira to sleep in. Eyeing the jam packed closet I wonder if Evan's thinking of moving into her room as well. If so she's going to need a dresser or something. His shit was not going to fit. Ally went a little overboard shopping for Adira if you asked me. Half this crap wasn't even her style.