Chapter Eighteen

Adira 

The flight went by quicker once Evan had handed me my phone. Scrolling through his social media feed still logged in on it.

Cammy posted pictures of us we took together, before the party last Saturday. Hash tagging every word that related to beach and friendship. Scrolling through them I hoped I'd see her again.

Cammy, Faith and Claire were the first classmates to be nice to me. Even though I only hung out with them for a weekend I felt like we could have become really good friends. Maybe even best friends had I stayed.

Most of the other posts were older friends of Evans. Nobody I'd seen walking around school. It felt like I was invading his privacy but I don't think he'll care. If he didn't want me seeing it he'd of logged off before giving me the phone. At least that's how I justified it.

When the plane landed it was around three in the afternoon. The sun beating down on us as we shuffled out of the plane for the last time. My heart started to race. Nervousness turning my stomach. I still haven't figured out what I was going to say when I got there.

I was praying to the Goddess I wouldn't have to say anything. Hoping my parents would just remember me. That they hadn't forgotten about me.

A large black SUV pulls up and the driver gets out. Making his way to our group. "The tank is full Mr. William's. It was a pleasure doing business with you." The man smiles.

Evan walking towards him, us all standing back, he takes the keys. "I'll let my father know what a great help you were."

"That would be much appreciated." The man smiles, glancing towards us and waving. "I hope you all have a wonderful vacation."

Raising my hand I wave awkwardly and kicked my toe into the pavement. Vacation isn't the word I'd use to describe this trip. It was more like a terrifying reenactment of a horror film.

For now we were safe, until my father landed of course. Would he bring more wolves with him? Would Alpha Anderson be with him again? I pray I never have to find out.

Cupping my hand above my eyes I shield them from the sunlight. Looking at the lush green fields around us. The place smelled like wild flowers and fresh air. Well, if you ignored the fuel scent emitting from the plane.

Tala seemed calmer here, more relaxed than I'd ever felt her be before. I'd almost purred along with her when we'd landed.

Noal had been less growly like I'd asked. He'd stayed on the opposite side of the couch and starred which was awkward. However, it was more manageable ignoring the starring than his growling. So I was looking at it as a win.

"Shotgun." Owen claims.

Phillip mumbling under his breath before walking to the car.

Looking around one last time I smile. It's so beautiful here. Picking up my bag I bump my shoulder into Noal. "Already going to meet the parents. That's a big step, you ready for thag?"

"If I call mine down here are you ready to meet them?" He answers, taking my bag from me and nudging me towards the SUV.

Laughing, I shake my head. "No. Not at all."